March 13, 2015

How I Lost 4 Pounds in 3 Days

Let me share with you what I did in order to lose pounds quickly. It may seem like crash dieting (which, depending on the person, is possible), but in my case, it didn't feel like crash dieting because I still needed to watch what I eat afterward.

If you're interested in dropping a few pounds before an event or a trip, you can try doing what I did: Military Diet.

No, military exercises are not needed, although the diet encourages exercise of any form. In my case, since I am really really really busy nowadays, which is also one of the reasons why I gained weight, I didn't have time to do formal workouts but I still tried to move around.

It sounds like crash dieting in a way that your calorie intake will lessen. But unlike other diets, it does give you the nutrients that you need.

This week was my second round of Military Diet. During the first week, I followed it religiously. But I got hungry all the time, so for my second round this week, I decided to modify it according to my needs.
I repeat: This is a MODIFIED version of the original Military Diet, allowing for afternoon snacks.
First, here's the menu for the original Military Diet, which I followed to a tee last week:
Image from Vicki Tuell on Pinterest

I began my diet on a Monday, and I was 60 kilos then (ouch). On Thursday morning, after completing the diet, I was only 58 kilos. I lost 2 kilos or 4.4 pounds.

Another vital component of the diet is that on the days following it, you should not exceed 1500 calories a day.

This week, I slightly modified the diet and allowed some snacking in the afternoon. I also replaced some foods into more filling ones (e.g. saltine crackers to whole wheat bread). Here are photos of (almost) everything that I ate during the 3-day diet:

DAY 1
Breakfast 
Lunch
Dinner

DAY 2
Breakfast 
Lunch 
Dinner

DAY 3
Breakfast 
Lunch

(I wasn't able to take a photo of third day dinner.)

NOTE: I ate yogurt instead of cottage cheese because I wanted to replace cottage cheese with Greek yogurt. However, I wasn't the one doing the groceries, and I didn't realize that I only wrote "yogurt." I guess it's fine, but it's best to follow the real thing.

For snacks, usually, what I ate were apples, but there was one day when I allowed myself to eat this:
Milk and cookies! (That's my son's cup, by the way.)

Even with the modification and snacking, I'm pleased to report that I still lost around 3 pounds. Lovely! I don't have a before and after photo, but here's an OOTD haha:
Department store cardigan | Naf Naf dress | walang kamatayang Gibi sandals | walang kamatayang Coach bag

Now, how to keep the pounds off is another story... :D

Have you tried this diet before? What's the verdict?


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...