October 2, 2012

Junk the Cyber Crime Law!

On another, more serious note, I ask you to please sign this petition to junk the Cybercrime Law, or RA 10175. This is important to me because as a new media student, a blogger, and now, a mother, I value my right and freedom to being able to express my opinion without fear of libel charges.


The Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012 poses serious threats to Internet freedom, the right to privacy and other essential civil liberties including the freedom of speech, expression, and the press. (http://www.change.org/petitions/junk-the-cybercrime-prevention-law#)

There are still more than 900,000 signatures needed. If you are someone like me who values his freedom of expression in the online platform, please please sign the petition.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...