October 25, 2012

To leave Facebook or not

I've been on Facebook since 2008. That makes 4 years of liking and commenting on posts, tagging people, stalking good-looking people, and sending ignored personal messages to old friends.

Just kidding about the last one. I noticed that Facebook isn't really compelling me to do anything good in my life. It doesn't inspire me anymore. In fact, all it does is inspire envy, whenever I see "friends" turning into beautiful gods and goddesses, rich (or feeling rich?) shoppers, family girls and boys (which I also am, by the way), travelers, global trotters, whatever they became.

I don't want to be envious. I like to remind myself that I am a lucky woman blessed with so many things I don't think I even deserve. So why do I get envious sometimes? Maybe because I'm only human.

Now, I'm contemplating on deleting my Facebook account. However, along with the deletion of the account comes the deletion of photos, notes, videos compiled over the years. Memories. Chos! So, now I'm confused. Should I delete my Facebook account or not?

After all, J has no FB account. I am also enjoying Twitter more nowadays - it gives me updates on other people's lives in 140 characters or less. When it comes to sharing, well, this blog exists for a reason. Also, I can do online shopping from other websites. So, why should I stay on Facebook?

Maybe I can answer this question once I get an Instagram account - which comes after I finally get myself an Android phone. #newmommyproblems
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...