November 7, 2012

Nostalgia over Newborn Clothes


Above are some of Y's clothes when he was just a newborn. I prepared them earlier tonight, along with my gift, to give to my new, future godson tomorrow. Don't worry George; they were very lightly used. :)

I was marvelling at how tiny the clothes are. Wasn't it just yesterday when these were too big for Y? It wasn't? It surely feels like just yesterday. *sniffs*

Now, Y is a big boy. He knows who I am and he knows how to make me laugh. Now, he can stumble and topple over without me panicking. He even knows what he wants and demands it. This reminded me of how fast babies grow up. Soon, he will be all over the place. Later, he won't be sleeping beside me anymore. Before I know it, he will be breaking curfews and sneaking out the house.

Dear Y: Even when you become taller than mommy, even when you start courting girls, breaking hearts, and getting your heart broken, even when you start living your own life, no matter how many clothes you outgrow, you will always be our baby.

Oh, the joys of parenthood.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...