December 22, 2012

This Week in Photos

Since it's also Christmas vacation for most students in the US, it also means vacation for me. No essays = now work! Sure, there are a few essays every now and then, but that means I only need to work for a couple of hours in a day. That means my brain is on vacation-mode! So that would give me enough time to blog, right? Not!

Because I had to work almost everyday for most of the time, this "vacation" means I can finally do what I can't usually do. Messy table? Now's the time to clean it! New sleeping arrangement? Now's perfect! Fussy baby? No worries, we can lay in bed whole day! Gifts shopping? OMG gifts shopping!

So I guess the holidays don't really mean idleness. However, here are some grainy photos captured by my phone in the last couple of weeks:

We decorated late this year. Usually, our decorations are up before December even begins. But this year, we (my mom, actually) only found time to decorate our house a couple of weeks ago.
More often than not, no work means more time for camwhoring with Y.  I think we took this photo while watching Miss Universe. By the way,  I think I already lost all my pregnancy weight - thanks to breastfeeding! :-)
I mentioned in my last post that Y fell from our bed several nights ago. This means we have to have a new sleeping arrangement. He wouldn't go inside his crib alone, so I tried the sidecar arrangement - which works, so far. I will write more on this next week!
My mom and sister rearranged our furniture early this morning. We now have a LOT of space for Y to run around. Also, they came up with this cute Christmas corner that now houses our little tree, our Santa Clauses, and our (THEIR) gifts!
Collage of the Christmas corner, as seen in Instagram
And finally, finally, I'm finally done with gifts shopping! Let me tell you, it's no joke when you have a baby in the house. First, you need to sneak outside the house just to get to the mall. Next, you also have to find time alone to wrap the gifts! So I had to do most of my shopping online. But I also managed to find time to go to the mall TWICE! So thanks Halo, Bench, Penshoppe, online shops, and department stores for my gifts!
I have no gifts, though. I'm too old to be bought gifts by my parents, and I certainly don't expect to be gifted by my siblings, or Y, and while J has something for me, I don't want him to spend on shipping. Boo! But weirdly, it's fine with me. I guess I understand the spirit of Christmas now. Or maybe I'm just getting old. :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...