April 18, 2013

April Shopping Finds

Remember that time when I told you I allot something every month for my own "wants"? So that I avoid becoming a grouchy saver? You don't? Well, read my post here first. Para may background info ka. LOL.

Alright then, let's proceed.

So the last time I bought something (for myself) was last month. I receive my salary every second of the month, so this means I have a new set of funds for my budget envelopes. Yay! As I mentioned, this includes a teensy part for my "wants."

I also plan to schedule my "shopping spree" mid-month so that it's already been a while since salary came, and there would be a measly two weeks before my next salary. Talk about living from paycheck to paycheck! Well, not really, since I only spend a little for myself. :-)

What are my finds for April? Tada!

For le bébé:


Of course, Y has to come first. :-)

Y is beginning to walk (still assisted) a lot now, and aside from that, he's also quickly outgrowing his shoes. The only shoes that could fit him comfortably are the high-tops he's always wearing in all my posts, and since it's summer, naisip ko baka masyadong mainit for his feet. Because of these reasons, I resolved to buy his first very own pair of slippers!

I planned to buy him something from Havaianas or Ipanema, but hindi keri. I find them too expensive for baby slippers. Good thing my suki seller from Canada replenished her stocks of Oshkosh slippers! 

I won't tell you how much this is (ask my seller!), but just to give you an idea, it costs less than half of its Havaianas and Ipanema counterparts. :-)

Toddler size na kami! Hurrah!

Test drive: Perfect fit! And super comfy. 

Another item that I thought of buying was a small box of formula milk. Oh mommies, before you react, I'm not planning to stop breastfeeding anytime soon. I just want to train Y to drink from his cup. What he does kasi now is breastfeed while eating. That's aside from drinking water. Oh diba, ginawa pang pantulak.

I had no idea kung gaano pala kamahal ang milk. :-|

So, was it successful? No! Y won't even get near the milk. Pano ba to? Breastfeed forever? Not bad, pero as what I said, I want him to practice drinking from a cup. Anyway...

For moi:

I believe it's very important to buy a little something for yourself every now and then. The concept is not to reward your hard work but to push you to work harder. You know what I mean? For example, you know that your salary is just enough for your needs. But you want a new pair of shoes. Should you "steal" from the other budget allocations? No. For me, what you should do is work a little harder to earn that little extra.

I try to spend as little as possible for my wants, so what I do is look for sales and online sellers. In these venues, I can buy the same item for a lower price, right? Lately, I noticed a number of online sellers following me on Instagram, and some article of clothing caught my eye. These are what I bought:

Another LBC package!

I like people with neat handwriting. :-)

And my seller is crafty, too! I love the packaging!

Parang Pasko. :D

Just three items. Di naman halata ang color scheme, no?

Branded and brand new for less. What else could you ask for?

I just noticed that almost everything I bought, including Y's slippers, are red. I guess red's the color of the month for me! How about you? What are your latest shopping finds? :-)
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the elegant chair below:


Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...