April 19, 2013

Thoughts on UP Grad

This is just a short post in honor of everyone who graduates from UP Mindanao today. My feed has been full of cream-wearing, barong-donning, sablay-slinging Iskos and Iskas who finally, finally, graduated from the university. As they say, mahirap pumasok sa UP, pero mas mahirap lumabas.

I personally know a number of students who "took their time" graduating. Hehehe. I'm lucky enough to have graduated on time (4 years), but that doesn't mean I'm better than them. In the end, it's not when you graduate but what you bring with you when you do. Alam mo na anong ibig sabihin nun; UP grad ka eh. :-)


I couldn't believe it's been three full years since I've worn that symbolic sablay. Ang sarap sa feeling na it's over. Wala nang thesis, wala nang assignments and exams, wala nang terror profs.

At the same time, I could not believe na ayun na, tapos na. Was that it? Parang may ganun. Yun na ba lahat ng pinaghirapan ko? Ng nanay at tatay ko? Did I learn enough? Do I know the right things? Pwede na ba akong isabak sa society?

I'm sure all graduates today also have the same things running on their minds. Haaaay. Anyway, this was me three years ago:


Please don't mind the unlady-like pose. Yan lang ang photo ko na hindi ako masyadong mataba. Hahahaha true, ang taba ko pala dati. Ang layo na ngayon no? Hahahaha chos.

Yun lang. Congratulations to all UP Mindanao graduates! UP, tunay, palaban, makabayan!

Humayo kayo at magpakarami. Chos!
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the elegant chair below:


Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...