May 14, 2013

Another Doctor's Appointment

I don't want to write anything election-related for now. Nakakadismaya kasi. So let's talk about Y hehe. Last Friday, Y was scheduled for another vaccine appointment with our beloved docky, Doc Amy. This time, Y had a Hepa-A shot.

The night before the appointment:

J: One year old na si Yuri. Bakit every month pa rin ang bakuna?
Me: Hindi ko rin alam, dy. Ang konti lang ng bakuna natin noon no? Parang isa lang akin. Anti-rabies lang. Joke!
J: Isa lang din akin. Pam-purga lang. Hahahaha!

Okay, so much for the joke. Hahaha. Naaliw lang ako. Super mahal kasi ng bakuna, kaya pajoke-joke na lang kami. So ayun. (May another anecdote pa ako actually starring Honey, Y's yaya, but let's save that for another post). Before I digress further, let's talk about the day of the appointment.

Here's what we wore:
Top: Plains and Prints
Jeans: Forever 21
Pambahay Slippers: Fake Crocs (sorry naman)

On Y:
Shirt: Crib Couture
Shorts: KidStyle (my favorite)
Slippers: Oshkosh from this post
Closer photo: Big smiles!
I love my sister's headband! This costs only P25 in Uyanguren. :-)
Y was a happy camper on our way to the clinic. He just kept mumbling to himself, pointing to the cars and buildings, and playing with my bag. When we entered the clinic, he greeted Doc Amy's secretary with a wave and a smile. However, when Doc Amy went out, nag-morph na si Y into this:

I had to crop my face off this photo because I was laughing hard. Hahaha!
Does this mean kilala na ni Y si Doc? At 13 months, may fear na pala ang babies sa doctors and clinics. I did not know that! I need to brief Y ASAP! Doctors are friends, baby!

I wasn't able to take more photos inside the clinic because Y was like a madman. He kept crying and shouting even when they were just taking his vital stats. Segue: Y was 9.5 kilos when he was 10 months young. Now, guess what? He's 8.9 kilos! Anyare?! Hmmm..

When we arrived home, Y sought refuge in his walker and his new friend, Babbit:
Y can't walk on his own yet. Well, actually, I believe he can, but he's not feeling confident yet. It's okay, baby. In your own time. :-)
A mere fifteen minutes after we arrived home, heavy rain poured down. After another fifteen minutes, there was power interruption. No electricity means no internet! No internet means no work! Eeep!

Gloomy afternoon
On the other hand, I can't remember when we left Doc Amy's clinic without bringing home something. I remember she gave us bottles of Dr. Edwards water when Y was just a few months old. Plus vitamins, cards, books, kung anu-ano. Now, she keeps on giving us educational toys, like what I wrote here and here. We love them all!

Now, Doc Amy still didn't disappoint and sent us home bringing these:

Sorry for the dark, grainy photo. This was taken using my phone during a rainy afternoon. Plus brownout. San ka pa?

Our clinic loot contains two boxes of Nutrilin vitamins (to increase Y's appetite), his third Enfakid activity book (with CD and worksheets!), and two Butter Coconut biscuits. :D
I think this is already our third Enfakid Activity Book. Never mind that I don't buy their milk; I love the books! 

And this workbook is serendipitous (took me 15 second to spell that). You see, I was really supposed to buy Y a musical CD or DVD. I planned to visit Mantex after the appointment for pirated DVDs hehehe. Now, I don't have to! Doc already gave us one! Thank you!!!
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...