July 1, 2013

Sale Sunday!

http://www.instagram.com/maanlaxa
To be honest, I was really looking forward to last Sunday. Nothing special about it, really, but I heard Forever 21 was having another end-of-season sale. Since I've become a Forever 21 convert last year (read about the shopping spree here), I've always looked forward to the sales!

What I love about F21 sales is that virtually everything inside the store is sale talaga and 50% off! The cheapskate frugal girl in me just couldn't resist it. Plus, I was on a self-imposed (actually forced) shopping fast last month and I wasn't able to buy myself anything for my birthday. Boohoo. So I planned to "make bawi." Ano daw?

But first, we went to church first. We went to Carmelite Monastery, which is just a stone's throw from SM Lanang Premier. It was our first time (me and my sister) to go inside, but I've been passing by this monastery since forever.

Photo: www.panoramio.com
Anyway, here's how it looked inside:


Nobody was inside because there's no mass. The scheduled mass is only at 7 in the morning.
My favorite part: the balcony
My sister's favorite part: the grotto with (fish) pond
PS: George, that's supposed to be your skirt. :P
Finally at SM!
Disclaimer: That's not my bag; that's my mom's. I just held it for her because she took Y from me hehe
Inside F21's fitting room. OOTD - closet-raid fashion!
Denim top: My sister's
Leggings: My mom's
Hahahaha sorry naman
After I bought a couple of dresses (I didn't go overboard - still saving :D), my sister still was not able to find something for her. She saw a shirt, but we all opposed to it because it was too plain for its price. Yes, we're a dresses-and-frills-loving family. So we went to the next store: Cottton On.


Well, that was my first time in Cotton On. Maybe I expected too much due to the hype it caused when it opened a few months back, but frankly, the selection was not impressive. Just the basics, and I feel the clothes were too "rugged" for my type. Nevertheless, my sister found a dress that she liked. :-)

And at last, off to the grocery we went!

At first, Y was behaving perfectly in the grocery cart...
Onesies - Carter's
Shorts - Kid Zone
Sandals - Champion
... But all good things come to end when he decided inspecting the alcohol display  and turning everything upside down (much to the salesperson's dismay) was his idea of fun.
The fact that there were two free-tastes that day (Lucky Me noodles and TJ hotdogs) made my sister giddy with joy. Hahaha!

Before we end this post, here are what we bought:

Jeunesse Napkin

I've read a lot of good (even raving) reviews about this napkin brand and since I'm "riding the crimson wave" now, I decided to give it a try. It's designed to reduce cramps daw. So far so good!

Pack of 8 - P80
My modest Forever 21 loot

My sister said I bought dresses in Barbie colors. Haha I didn't notice! And look, they even fit with my blog's current theme! Ngayon ko lang napansin hehe.

Jade dress - Original price: P595 |  Sale price: P300
Neon Coral dress - Original price: P745 |  Sale price: P372.50
My sister's "mature" Cotton On dress

Black Aztec dress - Original price: P1,199 |  Sale price: P400
 Oh diba? Winner ang aming discounts! Hahaha cheapskate


Tip: Cotton On sizes run large. Look at my sister's dress. The tag says XXS and it could easily fit any medium-built Filipina. So when ordering online, look for apparel that is one or two sizes smaller than your regular size.


Finally, as if my weekend couldn't get any better, I got a surprise package from a dear neighbor. She just got home from Japan and gave us beautiful gifts. Here's what she got for me and my sister:
Yes, F21 again!!
Legwear in different shades of pink! Thanks, Tita!
How was your weekend guys? :D

PS: Church and mall photos are taken with my phone, hence the poor quality.
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...