October 22, 2013

Kitchen Cleanup Treasures & Discoveries

Yesterday, in my Blog Anniversary Post, I wrote a brief interlude about discovering forgotten (and some, actually unused!) treasures in our kitchen. You see, we did not go outside the house last weekend. Instead, we had a late spring cleaning - sorry.

Spring cleaning in the kitchen is an ARDUOUS task for two reasons: First, my mom is a hoarder. When she likes something, she buys a lot of it. That's extreme considering she is an Ilocana and is very kuripot. But in the 90s, she developed a liking for Tupperware products and I grew up among closets and closets of Tupperware. Name a Tupperware model and most likely, she has it. True story brah.

It's a good thing she stopped the obsession in the 2000s. But let's go to the second reason. My mom is a pack rat. She literally never throws anything away. This means all the Tupperwares she had collected in the 90s are all still here. In our 7-year old house. Go figure.

So when we opened the kitchen cupboards last weekend, we were met with huge containers with broken Tupperware lids. Some of them only had the rim na lang; wala nang natira in the middle. What the heck, mom? Hahaha. But what made me giddy were the things we have already forgotten. Some of them I never ever recall using!!! Most probably, my mom bought something, kept it in the closet, and promptly forgot about it! Here they are:

1. Never-Used Tupperware Popsicle Molds

I literally screamed when I saw my mom assembling these babies in the kitchen! All this time, I've been making homemade (and healthy!) ice cream and serving them in boring Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers! Yun pala may popsicle molds kami right in our kitchen! And cute ones, at that. Gah!!!


There is one blue cup and four green sticks missing, but it's okay. We can improvise. What matters is I can finally create popsicles for the picky toddler! Yay! I'm so happy. It shows, doesn't it?


Oh baby, I look forward to filling you with rich, delicious, healthy ice cream. Maybe this sem break! :-)

2. Forgotten Ice Cream Scooper

This time, I do remember using this ice cream scooper when I was a child. Yes, this thing has got to be almost 20 years old. But surprisingly, save for dust and some dirt, it's steel rust-less (is that even a word?). I have no doubt I'll be using this when I'm not making popsicle ice cream!

3. Forgotten Tupperware Plate and Never-Used Stainless Steel Spoon Set

I've been planning to buy a Tramontina stainless-steel spoon and fork for Yuri. Actually, I've been making parinig to Job and a couple of friends for the complete set. Hahaha. This is because Yuri has taken a liking for stainless steel utensils. I used to give him a sterilized spoon from our own (adult) set, but frankly, it's too big for his mouth. Wala kasing kutsarita yung set namin.

Imagine my luck when I found an unopened box full of stainless steel utensils! It was a gift given to my mom by Santos Land Corporation maybe 2 years ago. Even more luckily, it had kutsaritas that fit Yuri perfectly! It didn't hurt that it almost looked like a Tramontina. (The photo above doesn't do justice.) Win!

Also, I unearthed (unearthed talaga?) a Tupperware plate for Yuri because his current divider plate looks like this na:


Cracked! Must buy new divider plates ASAP. Too bad that I haven't found any in our kitchen cleanup haha!

What about you? What are your closet cleanup discoveries? What are your "forgotten" treasures?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...