November 22, 2013

Bakuna + Book Loot Thursday

Yesterday, we went to our pedia to have Yuri's nth shot. I'm glad to say that there's only one more vaccination we need to have (and pay for) this year, and we're off the hook until Yuri turns 4! Yay!

A big shoutout to Doc Amelia Morata-Lee who just discovered my blog! #thisisembarassing :-P

Here's Yuri before leaving the house:

Segue: I read a thread in the Breastfeeding Pinays Group about delaying vaccinations. Actually, a former schoolmate began the thread. The reason, perhaps, for delaying (or not at all getting) vaccinations is the possible link to autism. I respect the decision. If I were born into a family with the same principles, I would have done the same. However, we were born into families who believe in bakuna. I never knew anyone who developed illnesses due to vaccinations. Also, the link to autism is not proven. On a personal level, I vigilantly bring Yuri to all his bakuna schedules because Yuri was born in the NICU with needles and dextroses (how do you pluralize dextrose?) attached to his newborn feet and arms. I never want to see that sight again, so I wanted to at least gain control over Yuri's health, and immunizations provided me with that feeling of control. The bottom line is that we have different views, and this is mine.

Anyway, enough of the serious talk! Let's move on to the lighter things in life AKA Yuri's OOTD!
Shirt: Crib Couture, Shorts: KID Basix, Suspenders: SM Department Store, Shoes: Children's Place

The weather was pretty hot that morning, so I went for shorts. Also, it's been a long time since Yuri wore shorts. But actually, the realest reason is that they look best in suspenders. :-P

Did you notice na paulit2 lang shoes ni Yuri? He's outgrown all the rest! Oh well, no new shoes muna until he's outgrown his 2 pairs mwahahaha!

So anyway, when we arrived at the clinic, Doc said she saw Yuri's photo wearing only diapers. Haha! Then, she mentioned that she discovered my blog. Ayayay! Good thing I only raved about her here! Seriously, though, I like Dov Amy because I can ask her about anything and everything, which is why our clinic visits never end in just one hour.

Doc was in the other room, watching Be Careful with My Heart. Teehee peace, doc! (I look every inch the Haggardo Versoza mom. My excuse is that I just came from work.)

Another reason why I like clinic visits is the loot we get to take home teehee:
Lotsa Ceelin and Cherifer vitamins!

I swear, I really planned to buy Yuri Cherifer vitamins last Sunday. Only I backed out in the last minute because I thought we needed to use up the Ceelin vitamins at home first (still c/o Doc!). However, I don't need to buy anymore! Thank you, fairy godmother! Also, pwede pala syang isabay sa Ceelin haha! #ignoramus

She also gave Yuri another, bigger activity book! Another addition to our "library" hehe.

This time, it's a sticker book!

With texture pages, too, which is my favorite feature:


At the mall, I also bought Yuri two more boardbooks to add to his growing collection. I can't help it when they're only 79 pezoz:

A pleasant surprise: One of the books only cost P45! Sayang there was only one of this in National Bookstore.

After doing the groceries (when Mama and I are together, a quick I-just-need-to-buy-diapers turns into full grocery shopping), Mama had to return to the bookstore for some sticker paper. Meanwhile, Yuri and I hung around the magazine stand:

On the level of Disney Junior magazines:

Getting curious of the Disney Princesses:

If you notice the whitish area on the lower left of the photos, it's because may powder pala on the lens. Iisa lang ang salarin. Nakakaloka. Anyway, it's clean now. :-)

And that concludes our quick dayout! I just realized I forgot to take a photo of Yuri's band-aid. The one given by Doc is purple with yellow stars. Sayang! :-(

Anyway, have a happy weekend!

PS: This post is supposed to be published hours earlier, pero ang bagal ng internet! Grr!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...