December 28, 2013

My "Forced" Holiday in Photos

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. However, I don't really view Christmas day as a non-working holiday because, well, since last year, I find myself working on holidays. That's the way of a work-at-home mom slash freelancer! While we have flexible schedules, the downside is that the system goes like this: no work, no pay. But I'm not complaining at all!

This year, though, I took a "forced" holiday on December 25. Yuri's yaya, Honey, and I already came up with the decision to work that day since she already went home to her province for her birthday last December 9. However, that morning, she had a bad headache and needed to rest. So she rested, while I took up nanny duties - and did a lot of stuff!


Good morning!

There is such a thing as post- Christmas eve shopping. Ang daming tao!
I brought home three big shopping bags - parang hindi nanggaling sa Noche Buena!
My new discovery - Dolcetto Wafers. These are not all ours; we already have enough sweets in the house. But these are delicious!
Yuri's yayu also had a pahabol gift because toys were on sale in Gaisano Mall #bakitngayonlang?!

Why toddler boys are obsessed with toy cars I'll never understand
Yuri took a nap in the afternoon. Holidays are unli-latch days
When he woke up, he played with his Dinda's new pillow. Dinda and Yaya promptly baptized him "Apo ni Zuma."
Next came story time. From now on, choosing which book to read would be a harder (but more fun) challenge! Guess which book we read?
Where the Wild Things Are! Fun read!

Late in the afternoon, Yuri and I hung outside the house. Then, I saw the sky and was amazed at how there was a line in between the clouds even when no plane had recently passed!
 We read again before bedtime, and we read "Time for Bed." I love reading it over and over again! Well, I have no choice since Yuri asks me to read it twice or thrice in a row. Heehee.

All in all, I don't regret taking the day off. I'm sure it's God's way of saying I need to rest, and for God, rest means being at peace in his presence.
Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
PS: I don't know why my phone took such small photos. I didn't change any setting naman. Oh well. :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...