December 30, 2013

The Last Sunday of 2013

Wow, I can't believe I just wrote that. From this day on, there would no longer be 2013 weekends. Gee does time fly fast!

So how did my last weekend of 2013 go? Well, aside from meeting up with 2 of Yuri's ninangs, nothing much! Yesterday, we went to SM Lanang Premier as usual. We planned to attend mass there; however, we were late. Boohoo. (I attend the mass because my parents are Catholic and I want to obey them.) By the way, here's Yuri's OOTD:

SM and a lot of stores (like Cotton On and Forever 21) were on clearance sale. However, I wasn't interested in buying clothes at all. Really! Maybe it's because I'm too lazy to check out the sales. Maybe it's because I haven't truly worked for almost a week now (I'm on a no work - no pay scheme). Or maybe because I'm just not interested!

I also didn't buy anything for Yuri because he has still a lot of unused toys and unread books from Christmas! So, sorry, next time na siguro tayo magkakaron ng fab finds heehee.

We did buy a lot of food: some to eat and some to prepare for New Year's Eve. I will need to do some serious dieting next year. Aja!

One highlight of our Sunday, though, was meeting Jollibee - again. I could not count the times we have seen and taken a picture with the orange mascot, but I guess we're not stopping soon. While we were eating, Jollibee appeared and Yuri could seriously not stay seated. He was wriggling in his high chair and was even motioning for Jollibee to go near him using his hands. How very Pinoy. Hahaha!

Another problem was that I forgot to bring the camera. Good thing my mom let me borrow her phone. Thanks, Ma!



People were smiling at Yuri because he could not keep his eyes (and hands) off Jollibee!

Another highlight of our Sunday was meeting with 2 of Yuri's ninangs. You see, I am not the type of mom who asks for gifts. Job thinks it's unlady-like to do so, and I think it poses a burden to ninongs and ninangs. Gift-giving is not even their obligation in the first place!

However, when Camz (Hi, Camz!) messaged me on Facebook days before and asked whether they could meet us on Sunday to give gifts to their inaanak, I was sincerely touched! I was touched not because of the gifts but because they were thinking of Yuri despite their busy schedules. Thank you, guysh! How really thoughtful of you.

I didn't anticipate they would be arriving early, so I just bought a tub of popcorn as a token of appreciation. Yes, parang awards night lang. Really, though. Thank you!


Plus, they both live in the southern plpart of the city, and if you've ever been to Davao City, you would know how faaar South is from the North. I appreciate how they both went all the way to the North just to deliver gifts. We'll be waiting until New Year's Eve to open your gifts para thrilling! Haha!

And that's how most of my Sunday went. How about you? Have a happy and blessed new year!!!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...