May 10, 2014

The Things I'm Thankful For

My current circumstances find me ranting and complaining more often . I don't always do them aloud, but I see them in my planner-diary. I know they happen in my heart, and God knows what's in my heart. Somehow, they don't work for His glory. At the same time, I am getting tired of this spirit of ungratefulness and melancholy, so it needs to be quenched.

I often listed a number of my worries in my planner (and in here), so I'm doing the reverse. Despite the circumstances, I now choose to count my blessings. Praise Jesus!

What are the things I'm thankful for? A lot, actually innumerable, but yesterday was such a beautiful and smooth-sailing day that I felt compelled to write a gratitude post.

I know it's not true that if we are in the Lord, we are exempted from the world's troubles. That's not the way it works. I believe that there are days when we are tested with fire to strengthen our character and, hopefully, glorify God.

However, we are also given days that are smooth-sailing and sweet. They also test our character in a different way, but I'd like to believe they are there to give us a glimpse of what life would be with God and without the effects of sin. Yesterday, I had one of those days, and boy did it feel great!

1. I hope I am not speaking too soon, but my laptop and I were (I think) finally getting along well. And just in time because the 7-day replacement period ends today! Hehe. There's nothing wrong with it, but I was just so used to my old laptop. But I'm very grateful to God for giving me provision to replace my battery-less brownout-unfriendly laptop! 


2. Yesterday, the scheduled 5-hour brownout took place for just 1 hour. I never thought I would be this thankful for a 1-brownout! We were literally shocked when the electricity came back so soon.

3. Yesterday, we were also scheduled for a 7-hour water interruption, but that didn't happen, too!

4. Last night, the scheduled off-peak 2.5-hour brownout didn't occur at all. Yay!

5. I was very productive yesterday! I did not only finish some blogwork but also reviewed more essays than I review on a normal day.

6. Because I was on a roll yesterday, I was also able to whip up a simple snack: homemade school-style munchkins. You know the type made out of graham crackers sold by our gradeschool classmates? Not the healthiest, sure, but I didn't have any other ingredient at my disposal.

7. Rain (It wasn't a strong rain but, hey, it hasn't rained here for so many days now! Thank you, Lord!) I only hope in rained super hard on Ma. Cristina Falls tee hee.

And I also have a few non-mundane, non-seasonal, unconditional reasons to be grateful:

7. Clinginess Attachment
8. Family

9. Job and Yuri

10. Jesus

Wow, that felt good. That felt uplifting. I really believe in the power of a positive spirit in Christ. Let's make this a regular thing, shall we?

Have a great and blessed weekend!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...