September 13, 2014

Working from Home vs. Working at the Office

So yesterday, when I was finishing my report for the day (with a bowl of macaroni salad beside my laptop), I chanced upon this infographic that made me smile.

As in Cheshire cat's grin level.

Look at this tongue-in-cheek outline of a typical day of a homebased worker vs. an office-based worker:

Save for the masturbation part, it's funny, right? But don't get me wrong. My days are NOTHING like the one described above!

For starters, the life of a single homebased worker and the life of a WAHM or work-at-home mom are worlds apart. Despite my flexible schedule, I still find myself waking up at 6:30 - 7am because a certain unnamed toddler wakes up that time. Also, because of the nature of my job, I can't do my work in an hour. Instead, I work for 6-8 hours each day. But that's not bad at all because I earn more and I don't even have to leave the house.

Yet there are some things here that I can certainly relate to. I take a lot of time to eat, I eat lunch comfortably in bed (with my toddler - yes I know I'm a bad mother haha), and I get to be updated about blogs and the news via internet.

And, oh, I take a shower before my lunch break, too.

Let's just keep that a secret.


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...