September 15, 2014

I Got A New Title (and a phone, too!)

In 2010, I got the title, UP alumna; during the same year, I became a member of the workforce. It was 2012 when I got called "mother." I became a "blogger," too. Can you guess what my new title is?

Nope, you'll probably neveeeer guess. Even Job had no idea. Even I didn't have any idea until last Wednesday, too!

Ehem, as of yesterday, I'm officially a Real Estate Accredited Salesperson.
(Technically, I still need to complete my requirements and get my license from the PRC but you get the idea.)

Come March next year, God-willing, I may call myself a Real Estate Broker, too.

(After, ugh, 8-week reviews and an exam!)

This is so surreal because I don't have any background - or interest - in real estate at all!

But my mother has been wanting me to at least try for some years now. I don't have to do it full-time anyway naman daw. And she just told me about this seminar last Wednesday ha, so I was really shocked. I didn't have the heart to refuse her anymore since she's been requesting me to do it nang ilang beses na, and this might be the last of the seminars for accrediting salespersons.

New Perspective

The truth is I only went through the 1 1/2 day seminar last weekend (it's been sooo long since I had to leave the house at 7:30!) to please my mother.

However, I ended up liking it (well, some aspects of it haha). I got to learn new things (I found the laws concerning properties to be interesting!) and I met new people! I was pleasantly surprised to see that almost everyone there belongs to my age group. As youthful and vibrant as me. Chos!

Who knows? Maybe I'll take this direction seriously!

New Environment

Oh, and I also got a much-needed break from mothering. During the first day, in the morning, I had separation anxiety because it's the first time I was away from Yuri for an entire day. To think he's about to be 30 months old na. But I also realized I need to be occasionally away to be with "adults" and take a break from the mommy stuff.

And when I got home, Yuri met me and they told me he didn't cry even once. Okay, no sepanx on his part!

New... Phone?

I had the same LG phone since November last year (EDIT: November 2012), and because it's still working perfectly well, I would've kept using it. However, my 12-yo sister wants a new phone, and to save my parents from another gastos and to teach her the value of frugality, I told her I'll give her my old phone instead.

Which means I should buy a new one.

For old readers of my blog, I think you know how frugal I like to be. Read: kuripot! So even though I admire the latest gadgets (from behind my laptop screen), I tend to scrimp on what I should buy for my own. I do research the quality first, of course!

So, I'm sorry, my new phone is not an iPhone 6.

Even if I could afford to buy one (I'm seriously waiting for the day they'll release an iPhone 10 - what would that look like?!), I still chose among high-quality but very affordable phones.

Thus this:
A red Asus Zenfone 4

I wanted to wait until the end of the year to buy a new phone, but I wanted to buy something to "celebrate" my new title haha. I originally wanted a bag, but I didn't find one I liked, so since I'm supposed to buy a phone anyway, I went ahead and bought one.

I originally wanted to buy the Asus Zenfone 5 as it had really cool specs. The problem is that when I tried using it, it won't fit into my hands! You see, I have short, chubby fingers and I couldn't comfortably wrap them around the big phone.

The Zenfone 4 is just perfect for my chubby hands. And, hello, it's red. (But I like Zenfone 5's gold din)
I guess I'm gonna get stuck to 4-in screens forever, which is fine, really.

This just gave me an idea to review all the gadgets I got this year that gave me a lot of bang for my buck. What do you think?

And, oh, what do you think of my new title? Bagay ba? Haha!

PS: I don't have a license yet but my mother is a licensed, I must say, practitioner with integrity. Please visit www.davaorealproperties.com if you're interested in buying properties in Davao City. :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...