April 21, 2015

An Eyebrow Epiphany

Let me talk about "vanity" and physical appearances a bit.

I have always been a low-maintenance kind of girl. I used to go out the house wearing nothing but loose powder on the face and maybe a touch of lip gloss. As in loose powder pa talaga, not even pressed powder. I did not notice anything bad during that time, but recently, just months ago, I realized I needed to "update" my look because I meet new people all the time. After all, first impressions matter!

The very thing that I changed was my eyebrows. I did not get them professionally done, though. My eyebrows are just DIY haha. But yes, I did realize that the face of a person dramatically changes when her brows are well-groomed and well filled-in. Before the realization, I used to look like this:

And this:

Don't ask me what those wriggly bushes are; those are actually my brows. And while I do not think I looked absolutely hideous, I knew they did nothing for my face and they actually look unruly, as if I don't know how to groom them. The first photo above is the last day my brows ever looked like that because on that day, I finally bought my now-favorite beauty tool: Etude House Draw my Brows.

I've only changed colors but have been loyal to that eyebrow pencil ever since. I really love how my eyebrows are done in 2 minutes tops. I've been wearing it every single day including short trips to the playground. I feel naked without it!
Of course, my eyebrows "grew" with me. First, I only plucked/shaved the "excess" hairs, then I gradually learned how to trim then, then I learned how to shape them so that they frame my face nicely. I'm still learning; I'm open to advice guys hihi.
And last Sunday, my epiphany happened. Yuri and I were in Etude House to buy another eyebrow pencil when the two ladies in front of us in the line were looking at my eyebrows. One of them is just beginning her "eyebrow journey" and the other lady actually pointed at me to show her my eyebrows. What. I was so embarrassed because I didn't even take time filling my brows that day (I was still tired from the village fiesta the previous day). They asked me what I do with it and what product I use.

Wala lang, I just realized that people do really look at eyebrows, whether consciously or unconsciously. I realized how truly important they are (am I sounding like a shallow, vain girl right now?), and how a single change in grooming or fixing them dramatically alters the entire face. I mean, I read about that all the time, but it was only last Sunday when it happened to me in real life.

What about you? What do you do with your brows?


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...