November 23, 2012

Zip-front Dresses

Ever since I gave birth, I developed the penchant for dresses. I don't know why, but suddenly, I can't leave the house without wearing a dress - and it has to be a girly dress. If you knew me pre-pregnancy, you would know that I'm the type of girl who's okay with shirts and jeans. If I wanted to be dressy, I would slip on a long top and leggings. That's it! But now, it has to be a dress.

Now, dresses aren't exactly the easiest thing to wear when breastfeeding. When I'm with Y, I can only confidently wear a dress when I know there'd be a breastfeeding area (like SM). Imagine pulling everything up when Y wants to breastfeed? I do wear shorts underneath, but the sight is still indecent.

Enter this front-zip dress that I got in Cebu. When we were walking around SM, I spotted Meg, a boutique which I'm pretty sure is not in Davao. I wasn't really planning on buying something, but I found this cute, retro-style dress in a color I love: gray! And what sealed the deal was the front-zip. Here are some photos (albeit unflattering) of me wearing it:

At the airport: The dress is ideal for trips where you use a seatbelt because you don't have to pull anything up. Just cover  yourself and zip the dress open. 
Blurred photo in the hotel room, posing for a full view of the dress. Can you see the front zipper?
And at the lobby, waiting for our sundo. Wala lang.
I'm no fashion blogger; I know. I'm sorry I ambushed you with photos showcasing my thunder thighs and arms. Sorry! Hahaha. The point is that I should have made this discovery months ago. I should have stocked up with front-zip dresses for breastfeeding (and looking cute, too!). Good thing I never bought any breastfeeding dresses.

So to all mommies (and future mommies) out there, you don't need to spend thousands on breastfeeding dresses or clothes. All you need to do is be creative and look for possible alternatives, like front-zip dresses!

The Meg dress above originally sells for P999. It was on sale that day, and I got it for only ... secret! Let's just say that if the dress came in more colors, I would have bought one of each. :D
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...