November 11, 2013

Ordinary Weekend at Home

I didn't have the heart to go out last weekend. Who would when all you see on TV is the devastation of Yolanda? We stayed home all weekend instead. And, of course, took crappy photos using my cell phone.

(My mom borrowed my camera for her business trip to Baguio and Manila. Her camera kasi broke, and she didn't want to use her phone's and tablet's camera. Meaning, all that was left to me was my phone's 3mp camera. Haha!)

Anyway, here's how our thankfully-uneventful weekend went:

Playing with wires:
Yuri had a fascination with playing with the wires of our gadgets. I let him be because he's actually discovering what the wires' heads are for, where they go, etc. Oo, may future sa pag-memechanic. Why not. Chos! But seriously, he's been trying to insert wires into hubs since he turned 1. Disclaimer: He always plays with super close supervision and none of the wires are plugged-in.

Trying out Iya's (lola's) shoes:
Yuri, who has an unhealthy a morbid an intense fascination with shoes cannot resist trying out his Iya's kicks while she was packing her things before her flight.

Getting sentimental over a song:
Trivia: Yuri has always gotten teary-eyed whenever I softly sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Ang weird! I remember him crying over that song when he was just a few months old. Last night, we discovered a Youtube channel called Super Simple Songs

Guess what? They had a Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star video! We showed it to Yuri, and here are the stages of his reaction:

Stage 1: Fascination

Stage 2: Doubt

Stage 3: Getting crumply-faced and teary-eyed

Stage 4: Cry!

Suffice to say, I was very entertained for a few minutes. :-P

Ms. Universe 2013:
I also had to watch Ms. Universe 2013 as I do every single year. I wasn't able to watch the live telecast because, hello, 2AM = me soundly sleeping. Instead, I caught the replay on ABS-CBN. I decided that I am not a fan of Ariella Arida because she just can't speak. I'm not judging her smarts because she really is intelligent. There are also a lot of people who can't speak well in public (like me!), but in this case, she needs to speak properly. Case in point: jabs for "jobs" and uniberse.

My favorite candidate, based on my shallow criterion of physical appearance, is Ms. Switzerland.
Photo: http://missosology.org/
Jollibee for lunch:

There was no one in the house last Sunday who was up for cooking. Everyone was feeling lazy - well, it was only me, my sister, and my dad. So I got some coupons from a Jollibee event and called delivery service. The food was good, as usual, but service was C.R.A.P. It arrived more than an hour after I called. When I followed up, the girl from Jollibee said na na-erase daw nya ang details of my order. What? So if I didn't call to follow up, wala talagang dadating na order!

Sesame Street Sunday:
Yuri and I spent the earlier part of the afternoon running around. Well, it was he who was running around and me who was sitting down and watching him. Hehe.

He's always a blur. Then, he got tired and sat down at the table.


Unahan ko na kayo: ang pangit ni Yuri dito! Haha! It's okay, baby. Sometimes, may unflattering photos talaga tayo haha! Then, we watched Sesame Street videos, played with his Elmo stuffed toys, and read his Where's Elmo cloth book.

Book-reading afternoon:
The boy finally got tired and sleepy, so we took a nap. When he woke up, he read his favorite book given by his Ninang George. I love that he's so interested in books now! It used to be that he could not last a minute "reading," but now, he can "read" for a long time! Plus, he can identify so many pictures now. Yay!
Overall, I love how Yuri can make my seemingly ordinary weekends feel extraordinary. :-)

How about you? How was your weekend? I hope it's uneventful and ordinary, too. Let's continue praying for the victims of Yolanda. On another note, there's a new storm brewing. In fact, it's already raining hard here in Davao City. Let's stay vigilant.

EDIT: It was raining and the wind was blowing hard when I wrote this post. Now, an hour after, mainit na! Davao City and its bipolar weather!

PS for those who are so "vigilant" in broadcasting their good deeds:

"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...