November 30, 2013

Top 5 Apps I Can't Live Without

Okay, that's a hyperbole. Of course, I can live without these apps. Only I'm not sure if I would want to! My phone is a low-end Android phone (I just have to say low-end), but I enjoy it and make the most out of it. Here are my five most favorite and most used apps:

5. Quick Note

As an impulsive writer and list-taker, a note app is a must-have in my phone. Quick Note must be the nth notetaking app that I've downloaded but so far, it's the best. Surface-wise, it is clean and easy to navigate. The fontface is visually-pleasing and readable. It's also light and doesn't take up too much space in my low-tech Android phone.

What I like here is that I'm able to draft a post in my downtime, while Yuri is sleeping, or before I sleep.

PS: I'm typing out this entry on Quick Note, which I will just share to my Google mail account.


4. Pocket

One of the biggest eaters of my time is reading. Because I work online, I'm very open to temptations of interesting blog posts and articles.

But instead of wasting my time reading, I just click on the Save-to-Pocket plugin of my Chrome browser. It is automatically saved in the Pocket app of my phone. Then, I can read as much as I like before sleeping.

By doing this, I will not miss out on informative and interesting reads without sacrificing worktime. The articles saved inside my Pocket app are usually about the following topics: motherhood and parenting, recipes, budgeting, trivia, and home & living.



3. BPI Express Mobile

I'm a loyal BPI account holder. Even though I only have an ATM account, I like BPI because of the services they offer to make my life more convenient.

For example, I receive my monthly salary via BPI. I can easily check my account using the app. When I need to pay the internet bill, I just transfer the amount using the app. I can also transfer money to other BPI users, which make online shopping hassle-free. To this day, I only buy stuff from sellers who have BPI accounts! (I learned my lesson when I got scammed.)


2. MoBill Budget


Most of the budgeting apps in the Play Store are money trackers. Trackers are very useful for people who have to spend money everyday.

But I don't need a tracker because I'm just home everyday. However, I do have regular bills to pay, so I need to stay on top of the things I pay either monthly and or occassionally.

This is where MoBill comes in. It's perfect if you want to focus on regular billing, like me. It's also more practical to use when dealing with bigger amounts, say 1000, over a small amount like 100.

What I like about it is that I can readily see everything that needs to be paid. Also, it works like a checklist where you tick off everything that you got to pay already, so just paying gives you a sense of fulfillment. Finally, it automatically tells you the difference between your income and expenses, your outstanding bills, and remaining balance.

There are also hidden features, like charts and reports, which I also use. PS: This is the only app in my phone that I paid for. I first downloaded its free version last year, and after using it for months, I decided it's time to pay tribute to the app creator and download a paid version. Because of that, I've had access to even more features. I don't regret paying a small fee for this app!


1. Saving Made Simple

This is the most recent app I have discovered. While MoBill is perfect for short-term budgeting, Saving Made Simple is the ultimate app (for me) for long-term saving and goal-setting.

It doesn't budget your money, but it helps you keep track of what you are saving for.

For example, I want to buy a Macbook, which costs 100k. I set this as my goal. Now, I want to buy it before Christmas, which is 6 months from now.

From this data, the app will calculate how much I need to save daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly - according to your preference. Then, you will have an exact idea of how you will achieve the goal. In this case, one would have to save 546/day or 16,632/month.

I know this can be achieved easily with a calculator, but again, the real gem of this app is long-term investment. Read: 5 years and above.

What I like best about it, though, are the progress bars (see photo). Each time you add to your savings, the progress bar moves and you see how close you are to achieving your goals.

This app actually makes saving easy.

What about you? What are your most favorite apps?

PS: It's my mother's birthday today, and we're celebrating tomorrow. Woot!
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...