December 16, 2013

Sunday at Home and Discovering BonChon!

We I was cooped up inside the house the entire weekend because my sister has to study for her upcoming exams. While I wanted to go to the mall to finish my Christmas shopping, there was no one who could accompany me. After Yuri turned 1 early this year, I haven't attempted to go outside the house without an alalay. I'm too scared to do so!

Anyway, my entire Sunday was spent playing with and chasing Yuri. Whenever I have these kinds of days, my desire to become a SAHM intensifies (*ehem ehem*). I attempted to wrap some gifts, but with Yuri around, who was I kidding? My parents were also busy re-decorating for Christmas (they are so fickle we've already re-decorated twice this month) and re-arranging some furniture. Time flew quite fast, and by lunch time, nobody was willing to cook.

So we decided to just order. Our usual go-to was Jollibee, but I've had a recent bad customer service experience, so I wanted to call some place else. We have always wanted to try BonChon but their place in Abreeza was too small and too tight for us. Their SM Ecoland branch was larger but the 45-minutes travel wasn't worth it. Because we wanted to try their famous chicken, we gave them a call.

Unlike my recent experience with Jollibee Delivery, this transaction was a very pleasant and smooth one. We weren't charged a delivery fee, too. After around 45 minutes, this arrived:
Finally! Makaka-try narin kami ng Bon Chon! #latebloomer
Soy Garlic Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs (P365) + Calamari (P125)
We also ordered some Ko-Yo: Banoffee Pie and Strawberry Almond  (P75 each)
(Pictured above is the Banoffee Pie)
Chicken - the verdict:

Their chicken is famous for a reason! Ang sarap! Promise, we brought the entire rice cooker to the dining table because the chicken was oh-so-delicious. I'm not kidding. The skin was crispy, garlicky, and honey-sweet all at the same time, while the meat was still very tender despite having to be delivered a distance. And you know what? I kept one piece in the fridge for Yuri's dinner, and without having to heat it, the skin remained crunchy and not tough at all!

Calamari - the verdict:

I am not a very big fan of the calamari because they were a bit bland for my taste. However, it came with a spicy-mayo sauce which made the calamari taste better. The parentals liked the calamari, but I stuck with my chicken teehee.

Ko-Yo - the verdict:

Okay, pardon the very poor photo above. This was a hurriedly-taken photo, and a certain toddler boy who shall remain nameless was already getting impatient. We ate the Banoffee Pie Ko-Yo yesterday, and don't be fooled by my appeal-less photo. This was the bomb. Ang sarap. The yogurt was very tangy and creamy, and the bananas provided a sweet contrast. There were also pie-crusts that added texture to the dessert. Naks, pwede na bang food blogger?

We haven't touched the Strawberry-Almond Ko-Yo yet. We actually forgot all about it! Sorry! But I know it will also taste just as delicious basing on its Banoffee Pie sibling's golden reviews. Can't wait! (I believe Strawberry-Almond is a special holiday flavor.)

By the way, their delivery hotline in Davao City is 285-1704. They deliver for a minimum of P300 worth of order and charge 10%, but we weren't charged for delivery yesterday (we ordered around P600+ worth of food). For more info, here's their website.

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...