October 12, 2012

Gastroenteritis

I didn't blog religiously this week. I know. I was always in a rush to finis my quota, and on top of that, I had bouts of gastroenteritis. For the uninformed, it's sometimes called "stomach flu" and is characterized by nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

So, yeah, if you plan to visit me, today's probably not the best time. I'm still having the time of my life at the toilet.

I have always been prone to having gastroenteritis. What confuses me is that I'm a very picky eater. I don't just eat anything, so it's not likely that I have eaten something unclean. In fact, I stay at home most of the time so what I eat is exactly the same as what everybody else in the house eats. In addition, we don't drink tap water so we order those gallons of distilled water. In short, everything I ingested was basically clean. Really confusing, isn't it?

Fortunately, it's not so severe that I can still work. Unfortunately, the muscle spasms and the need to "go" happens at night, when Y is sleeping. The poor kid always wakes up whenever I had to wake up, too, so both of us had a less-than-perfect night.

PS: Y's lucky that he's had rotavirus shots already. I didn't have it 20+ years ago, so, poor me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...