November 29, 2012

I'm dating a keeper

Well, aside from the fact that we already have an 8-month old baby, I really knew from the beginning that J is a keeper. Even before I read this article on Thought Catalog. You haven't read it? Lucky you, because I'm copying it here. You just have to deal with my comments and annotations. :-)

Image taken from Google
32 Signs You’re Dating A Keeper

1. You don’t have to wait three or more hours for a response for a simple text every time you send one.
- Actually, he's the one who has to wait for my reply. He understands my situation (long story) and knows I can only respond when it's "safe."

2. They aren’t embarrassed or put out by introducing you to their friends/including you sometimes in their outings.
- Hindi naman. Proud naman sya sa akin kahit papano. Hahaha!

3. They are willing to give, or at least share, the last slice of pizza.
- Not applicable because he really eats more than what I could eat. In other words, he eats what I couldn't eat anymore.

4. You are not afraid to be yourself around them — your strange humor, your occasionally awkward mannerisms, your interests in things that other people might consider a waste of time.
- Naman! I'm never self-conscious around him. Sya din. Haha!

5. Even if what you like might not be their favorite thing, they are always willing to give things a try if they are important to you.
- I love desserts and sweets, but he doesn't. Kumakain naman sya ng konti kung meron. :P

6. They don’t fill your Facebook wall with inappropriate “OMG baby it’s been almost a week! Miss u so much!”-esque posts, because no one deserves to have to look at that.
- Not applicable. No Facebook. :D

7. They respect not only you, but the people you love in your life — if they are super sweet to you but constantly ragging on your parents/friends, you need to cut them loose.
- Seriously, yes. Despite the issues, I can tell that J really respects my parents because he's always planning on what to say to them later on.

8. You are both able to communicate honestly with each other about your feelings and needs in the relationship without feeling like it’s going to turn into a horrible fight.
- Unfortunately, it's me who likes to pick fights lately. I'd like to blame it on the hormones, but I know it's partly because of the long distance.

9. They are a firm, enthusiastic believer in cunnilingus.
- LOL. TMI.

10. You never feel as though they are slumming it or doing a favor by being with you.
- Never! Swerte nya sa akin no! Hahaha, feeling.

11. They surprise you — and not just with random gifts of flowers or chocolate. They are evolving into a better person from being with you (just as you are with them).
- Yes, yes, yes! I really think he's now a better person. I'd like to think it's because of me, but I know it's because of Y. And, yes, the surprise gifts (flowers, chocolates, etc.) are great, too!

12. You don’t have to have some extravagant night in an expensive restaurant in order to both enjoy the evening and feel appreciated.
- Not applicable. We're both uncomfortable with formal settings.

13. There is never a question as to how they actually feel about you.
- Yes. If ever I questioned something about the relationship, most often it's because of my own insecurities, not because of something he did. Then all I need to do is tell him I need reassurance.

14. Sex isn’t used as a placeholder for other emotions that might not be there, or not be there in high enough quantities.
- Hindi naman. Actually di ko naintindihan. Hahaha.

15. They are just as capable of having a ridiculous night in, eating junk food and watching crappy TV, as they are of shining up and attending an important event.
- Oh yes. The nights-in I miss. :-(

16. Your mom likes them.
- Oh. Next please! No, seriously, I honestly think my mom just needs to get to know him better. Mothers are not perfect. I can say that without hesitation, because how many times did I let Y chew on a toy that I haven't cleaned yet?

17. You are capable of both doing your own thing from time to time without the other becoming irrationally jealous, suspicious, or angry.
-  We're both jealous people. A little jealousy goes a long way in a relationship, as long as it's the "cute" type. Teehee. So no, not irrationally jealous, suspicious, or angry.

18. There is never any doubt that they are thinking of you, that they consider your feelings, and that you are important to their life.
- Naman. :-)

19. You both have generally similar visions of the future, and what you want out of life. (You don’t want there to come a moment where things can go no further because, say, one absolutely wants children and the other absolutely doesn’t.)
- Yes, we have generally the same outlook, although he's more grounded and I'm more ambitious. I mean, who doesn't want to become a young millionaire?

20. If you suffer a moment of weakness or need help with something, they are eager to support you and not shame you for being incapable of handling it on your own.
- Yes. :-)

21. If they’re straight, they don’t say f*g, and if they’re white, they don’t say the n-word. (Any keeper needs basic home training.)
- Never did a bad word come from his mouth, seriously. He doesn't even curse and swear. And I'm so proud of him because of that.

22. They don’t make fun of your taste in music/pop culture/entertainment. (Well, a little teasing is fine, but they shouldn’t be seriously judging you over it.)
- No, but I tease him hahaha.

23. They encourage and support you in pursuing your dreams in life.
- YES. :-)

24. You feel welcome and comfortable around their family — even if no future in-laws are perfect.
- Yes. When I went to Surigao, they didn't treat me like a stranger. And in their place, "family" means entire neighborhood. Literally.

25. There aren’t any secrets between the two of you, or things about yourselves which you feel you need to seriously hide from one another.
- No secrets at all. Well, maybe except for the fact that I just ordered new clothes for Y. Again.

26. They are proud of you.
- Of course. I am, too. :-)

27. There is no pressure for either of you to adhere to strict, completely outdated gender roles — or a feeling that, if you don’t, the other isn’t attracted to you anymore.
- He clearly prefers conservative women, but he doesn't expect me to act like one all the time.

28. Your friends enjoy being around them, and generally think that they are a cool person who is good for you.
- I think so? I think they like him. Friends?

29. They make you laugh, laugh so hard you can’t breathe, laugh so much that you don’t care if you’re doing your “ugly, weird, cackly/snorty laugh.” (And they love your laugh.)
- Hahahaha yes. But I make him laugh even harder. Hahahaha.

30. You are capable of having thoughtful, intelligent discussions about subjects that — even if you don’t necessarily agree on the topic at hand — teach both of you something and remain respectful.
- Yes. I remember the time when we discussed mining, and taxes, and PhilHealth, and how he caught a bullfrog. Oh wait.

31. You feel fully comfortable around them naked, in bright afternoon light.
- Ang TMI naman neto.

32. You reciprocate all of these things for them, and are excited at the prospect of being a better, smarter, more caring person because of the healthy way in which you love one another.
- Yes, yes, yes. :-)

Based on my annotations, I think J scored a healthy 99%. Oh wait, I'm not good in Math. I was just guessing. Hahaha! But seriously, before I read the content of the article, before I even came upon it, I had no doubt that J is a keeper. I'm very lucky to have him, and I'm even luckier to be loved by someone like him. This post makes me miss him even more.

Arte-arte. :P
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...