December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012 - Noche Buena, featuring my no-bake Nutella Cheesecake

I'm not on a diet, but I do try to watch my intake. However, who carefully watches their food intake during Christmas? It's the most wonderful time of the year - and as an avid food lover, I can only wait for the pounds to pile in vain. And it doesn't help at all that my mom is a very good cook. Here are some of what she cooked for Noche Buena:

Ang aarte, naka-goblet, pero ang katabi naman, microwaveable container lang. Hahaha!
Homemade turbo-roasted liempo and breaded chicken drumsticks
My dad's request: chicken macaroni salad
Ang hindi mawawalang fruit salad
Turbo-roasted ribs (na buto-buto na lang kaya ni-blur ko na lang :-P) and more liempo
Not in photo: My mom's special dinuguan, which she serves every Christmas - and only during Christmas, and our tons of chocolates and tea cakes. Good luck sa blood pressure! Haha!

On the other hand, I always contribute dessert to Noche Buena, but I'm not the best baker in the world. Wait, I don't even know how to bake! So every year, what I make are no-bake desserts, like special munchkins and the all-Filipino mango float. I wanted to make something different this year, and so I made a no-bake Nutella Cheesecake.

I got the recipe here. The Nutella's supposed to be mixed with the cream cheese itself, but my mom doesn't like sweets, so I made a plain cheesecake instead and just put Nutella topping.

The core ingredients: cream cheese, cream, and of course, a jar of Nutella.
I wasn't able to take photos of the actual making of the cheesecake - sayang - so here's a photo of me spreading the Nutella on top. I used round Pyrex bowls para presentable.
Messy! I should've used a plain pan. :-(
Messy, but good enough to eat. Here's the plain Nutella cheesecake.
And my sister insisted that the other bowl be topped with M&Ms.
Tada! Kailangan lang ng improvement sa physical appearance, but taste-wise, masarap naman. And it's so easy, even kids can do it! :-)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...