April 22, 2013

Business Blues

My only consolation is anonymity.

Some action is needed for my overflowing closet.
So I recently started an online shop over at Instagram where I planned to sell all my clothing and dresses which I don't use anymore. That was my first dabble at "entrepreneurship."

You see, since I gave birth, my body has undergone a lot of changes (#chos). Anyway, to put it simply, I bought a lot of clothes during my pregnancy days when I weighed 70+ kilos. Now, I'm almost 45 pounds lighter, so those clothes don't really fit me well anymore.

Of course, what I sold were not only my large clothes. Actually, majority of these clothes are dresses which are not fit for breastfeeding. I tried to still wear these from time to time, pero hindi talaga keri mag-breastfeed gamit ang damit na di nabubuksan. Hahaha.

So ayun na nga, I began selling na. Take note that I was selling good-quality clothes and dresses for only around 80-100. Halos pamigay na. But still, I didn't expect that many girls would scramble over to reserve some of the items. Frankly, I was overwhelmed.

Now, here's where the problems happened. Some girls were fast enough to get first dibs on reservation. Of course, I acknowledged their reservation and asked for their numbers for faster transaction. After a few messages were sent, ayun na, wala nang reply. I asked for confirmation and their availability for meetup, wala pa ring reply. After 24 hours, wala pa ring reply. Kru kru kru.

This time, another girl wanted to reserve, and she wanted to buy a lot ha. In fact, she reserved a total of 7 items. For me, that was a big deal, especially since she's very prompt in answering my text messages. Plus, she was also willing to meet up on the time and place I was available.

I told her that some of the clothes she wanted to reserve were currently reserved, but if I don't receive confirmation from the other reservers, then sa kanya na ang items. I contacted them one by one and waited for their reply. I got a reply from a schoolmate saying na it's okay for her na ibigay ko sa iba yung item nya. Now, I waited for the other reserver to reply, but wala pa rin ilang oras na. So like any other sane person would do, I gave the items to the sure buyer.

I had a smooth transaction with my buyer. She was already at the meeting place when I arrived, and I gave her a discount for not giving me a headache (LOL). After the transaction, I texted the reserver that the items were already sold.

Susmiyo. Sangkatutak na sermon ang inabot ko. Kesyo I should have asked for permission daw. Kesyo they replied naman daw. Kesyo what I did was unethical at hindi gawain ng ibang sellers. To my defense, I texted them a lot. Like what I mentioned, walang reply. And I was texting a lot of other people that day who replied immediately.

I was stressed the entire night last night. I couldn't help but share my dilemma with J. Here's what he told me:(translated, of course)

Wag kang mag-alala. Ginawa mo lang kung anong gagawin ng matinong businessman. Walang tatanggi sa sure buyer para lang hindi ma-offend yung una nagreserve lalo na kung hindi naman nagpaparamdam. Of course, customer is always right, pero hindi naman siguro tamang mag-expect na ang seller ang maghihintay sayo kung kailan mo gusto magreply. Sana sinabi man lang nya kung kailan nya kukunin yung item diba? Syempre naghahanapbuhay ka eh.

To me, what J said makes more sense than what my pala-sermon "customer" said. After all, J has a business. He would know how to run one. I don't think that "customer" has ever been in the shoes of a seller before. She should try being one.

How about you? Were you ever in my situation? What did you do or what could you have done? Please give me tips. :-)

PS: I deleted the account na. I wanted to start over para walang bad vibes sa negosyo. Pray for me ha?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...