April 30, 2013

Food Finds ala Cheap Thrill

Hey, hey, hey! It's the last day of April! Bukas May na. Time flies sooo fast. I'm so excited because konti na lang, June na!

Well, ako lang ata ang excited for June. Others are dreading it already kasi pasukan na. Oh well, I wouldn't have to think about school for 5 or 6 more years. Wee!

Anyway, to end the month with good vibes, let's talk about food. I love food. I love going grocery shopping to look for new foodstuff. It's my stress-reliever.

Now, please forgive me if I won't be offering restaurant reviews of any sort. Halos hindi ako lumabas this month eh. Also, whenever we go out, hindi naman kami nakakapili ng restaurants. Hanggang grocery lang talaga ako. Hahaha! So what I will show you are food finds I discovered while grocery shopping. Game?

First find: Creamy Delight Yogurt

Creamy Delight Yogurt

I love, love, love yogurt. And I don't pertain to frozen yogurt in those expensive places with all the toppings and the works. I eat those stuff, but I don't really like them. What I love are the cheaper kind you can buy in groceries. Cheap taste? I know, right? Haha!

Now, I first heard about Creamy Delight through **Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan's Twitter account, but that time, I couldn't find it in groceries. I'm so glad it finally came upon our Davao shores! Haha!

Verdict: A cup only costs P22 for the mixed berries flavor. The fruit salad variety (pictured above) costs only P16! I got both flavors. Plus! It's really creamy and a lot tastier than the leading brand! :D
***

Second find: Nips Jellies

Nips Jellies

I bought this on impulse when I went out for a quick grocery shopping last Thursday. I was curious. There were only two possibilities: Would this taste heavenly like jellybeans? Or would it taste really, really bad? 

To be honest, ako lang ang kumain nito. No one else would touch it. Bakit? I find this weird because I loved it! Bakit ganun? Ganun na ba talaga ka-cheap ang taste ko? *munches on more Nips*

Verdict: This costs P28 for a pack of three. This means a pack would have cost around P9. Not bad! Also, obviously, I like how it tastes. Try it para malaman nyo! Haha! :D
***

Second find: Selecta Oreo Rocky Road



What I wanted to try actually was the Mrs. Fields variety. I love chocolate chip cookies kasi, whichever brand. Imagine them with ice cream? Heaven! However, when we got to the mall, only the Oreos variety was available. Which worked well because my sister liked Oreos. Me not so much. :D

Verdict: I don't find this cheap at all. It's quite expensive at P150 for a pint, but not as expensive as a Magnum. As for the taste, well, the ice cream tastes like ice cream. The Oreos taste like Oreos.
***

Fourth and favorite find: Beryl's Gourmet Chocolate

Kitchen Pantry Baking Supplies Shop, Acacia, Davao City

Last Thursday, I went to my old office to deliver a couple of dresses to my friend, George. I heard about a new baking supplies shop within the area, and I was curious to visit it. Actually, no. I was curious to buy a certain kind of chocolate sold in the shop.

However, I was taken aback by the shop, Kitchen Pantry. It looked so cute! It belonged in Pinterest, not in Acacia Street. Sadly, it looked so out of place among the karaoke bars and billiard halls in the area. :-(

Anyway, this is what I came there for:

Beryl's Gourmet Chocolate

I have heard of Beryl's Gourmet way back late 2011, but I can't seem to find someone who sells it. Also, I'm wary of buying from online sellers because I didn't know how the food was stocked. I don't have qualms buying clothes and other items, but food? I think I'd rather buy from a physical store.

And aaaah, there were lots and lots of chocolate bars in Kitchen Pantry. There were actually two varieties - Milk and Dark - and even though I love dark chocolate, I just picked up milk chocolate for my sister and Y. According to George, though, the dark chocolate tastes divine!

Beryl's Gourmet Chocolate

Verdict: It tastes sooo yummy! It's reminiscent of champorado, which we love. It's so creamy but dense and full-packed. Also, it's 200 grams, so the bar itself is heavy. But take note, it just costs P65. That's for 200 grams of chocolate action!

They also have 1kg bars worth P200+. I want!!!

UPDATE!

I woke up this morning and saw, in all its glory, a 1 kilogram chocolate bar on the table! Ermergehrd! It's so huuuge! And heavy, too!

My mom brandished it around and said, "Alam mo, maganda tong ibaon sa bag. Pang-self defense."

To give you an idea of how big it is, take a look at this photo:

Do you see how big it is compared to my mug? If you think this is a camera trick, take a look at the next photo:

Here's Y trying to hold the bar. Ang laki talaga! He also threw it to the floor. We were worried the floor tiles would crack! Hahaha!

Yum yum yum! Thank you, sponsor! :D
How about you? What recent food discoveries did you make?

**Trivia: Ms. Maricel Laxa-Pangilinan is my cousin, second-degree. :D

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...