September 3, 2014

Kuripot Finds from Sunday

Aside from the "injury" Yuri had gotten (which has now totally healed by the way! Praise God!), my weekend was also a weekend of shopping.

Kuripot shopping that is!

To be honest, my priority last Sunday was to buy Yuri some new shorts and jeans. Kasi...

Tumaba sya!

Finally! Hahaha. Some of you may already know that Yuri has always been on the slim side, and though he grows taller, since I buy long clothes (to accommodate his lanky frame), he barely outgrows them. Some of his clothes he's worn since he wasn't even 1!

Now, a couple of weekends ago, I noticed that one of his jeans didn't fit him around the waist anymore. They used to be long pants, but Yuri now uses them as clam-diggers. This time, I the Velcro (in lieu of the zipper) can't stay closed!
But since the outfit looked cute, di ko na binihisan. Di naman halata.

Then just this Sunday, I made Yuri wear his Baby Mossimo jeans. These have adjustable waist bands, and while the jeans are XS, I had to adjust the waist band to its smallest size. May allowance pa yan before!

But this Sunday, I had to adjust the waist to the next size. So it wasn't just the previous pair of jeans. Yuri did get fat!
Ewan ko nga lang anong nangyari because after arriving at the mall and eating our lunch, I forgot about his clothes na. Why? Because we passed by Book Sale again!

Sooo my budget for a pair of shorts went to Book Sale. I don't regret it, though, for I found classic books that will be a great addition to Yuri's library.
I finally found a copy of Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I also picked up the classic Caps for Sale and Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. Then I added a National Geographic book about outer space (never mind the Angry Birds) and a Discovery Kids book about the Wonders of the World. I've seen Yuri's interest in science, and I want to cultivate it!

And, oh, a board book about trucks (again). Too baby-ish for my taste but the toddler just wouldn't let it go. :-)

Here are some more grownup picks.
While I could've still shopped for Yuri's clothes, I decided not to because I wanted to go home na. At the grocery, I found this:
I've been meaning to buy a shape sorter but I keep on forgetting. Ideally, I would've bought something wooden, but hey, this is just P75. And may manual pa containing different suggestions for manipulation! Ayos. When we got home, Yuri surprised me by sorting the pieces into shapes first and then colors. Gujab anak!
Lastly, I have a couple of super kuripot food finds. You see, my sister was craving for Nutella, but when we got to the aisle for the spreads, we saw this brand that just costs P110. Instead of buying the small jar of Nutella for P150, we just bought two of these. Not as delicious as Nutella, I admit, pero pasado na rin!
And I discovered that Creamy Delight yogurt has redone its packaging. Smart move! I've tried it before, but I only buy it when my usual brand is not avaiable. It tastes good naman, but in the original packaging, it didn't mention that it has live bacteria cultures. I'm also not fond of the flimsy container they used to use.
But now, look! Lakas maka-sosyal! The container also says it has live bacteria na. It surprised me that they're still affordably priced at less than P20.

So there you have it, my spur of the moment finds that didn't break the bank. What about you? Any fab finds lately? :-)


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...