October 18, 2014

No Yaya, No Problem: Day 3

Hello! It's the third day since Honey (how can a girl with such a sour personality have a sweet name?) walked out of our house and out of our life for good.
He wanted to "work," too, so I gave him an old laptop that no longer functioned.

Yes, I'm still mad at her. It is a good thing her new "home," though near our house, is in another street so I don't have to see her face. I doubt she'll every pass by our house anyway. But I  want to let it go. Whatever hopes I once for her are now all gone, and I want to just stop caring. I just hope she can still do all the stuff she was privileged to do in our own home because I heard her new amo is suplada and strikta! Good luck!

Ay, by the way, my mother just told me of another thing she did in the police station. After hearing my mother's side of the story, he told Honey, "Day, gipaskwela man diay ka, ngano mag-ingon ana man ka?" [Girl, they sent you to school, didn't they? Why are you like that?]

And she responded by saying this:
Vocational ra man ilang gipaskwela sa ako, Sunday school!
[They only sent me to a vocational Sunday school!]

Naku!!! This is sooooo hard, Lord!

(I want to stop thinking about her ingratitude, but I do feel the need to keep defending my mother though. #EldestDaughterDuties)

So how was the past two days?


I am pleasantly surprised to see that my work has been barely affected by this big change. I admit I was spoiled and was used to having a yaya since Yuri was 4 months old, and I was a bit worried that I may have to change my schedule (que horror) or, worse, stop working in the meanwhile because I need to be a full-time mom and a full-time essay teacher (moonlighting as blogger).

But those things didn't happen! I hate to speak too soon, but I just have to thank to the Lord for helping Yuri be not only independent but also funny. I don't feel alone in the house because my 2-year old keeps cracking baby jokes nonstop!
Me: *slyly takes one of his toys*
Yuri: Uy kay Yuwi yan! *takes toy back*
Me: Ay sorry!
Yuri: *holding back a goofy smile* Hindi sowee! Gayit ako!
*fake-stomps and walks toward the door*
*turns back laughing because...*
Yuri: Ay nakayimutan ko bag ko! Hiya naman!
*Yuri and I laugh
Me: Haha hindi ka na galit? Joke lang?
Yuri: Hindi joke! Gayit Yuwi! *holds back laughter... in vain*
I also don't have to attend to his every need because he can entertain himself (even sans TV and phone but they are a huge help, I admit), and he can already be disciplined. What a blessing!

Day 1
Day 2

And about the household chores. The last time I regularly laundered Yuri's clothes was when he was 4 months old, but washing his clothes now doesn't change anything in my schedule because I still find it an easy task. I actually find that all the tasks Honey does before I can do efficiently, and I even have a lot of time left. Or is it just the adrenaline speaking? Haha!

Regarding work, I am producing the same amount of work as I did before HS (Honey's scandal). I even finish way earlier, leaving us a lot of time to go biking around street! (Okay, Yuri was "biking." I was pushing. Imagine pushing a toddler bike 1 foot high? For an hour? I'll keep doing this until I have abs.)

Plus, surprise of all surprises, with my full-time work, domestic chores, and after-work activities, both Yuri and I were actually able to take a bath! Hahaha!

In other words, so far, our yaya-less days have been pleasant, stress-free, and not so different from the time I was paying that girl for easy work. To be honest, the transition was easy because I've been preparing for it for months now (contrary to Honey's claim to the police that we won't let her go, it was actually get who insisted on starting because she had nowhere to go. Oh well.). I knew we would let her go anytime soon so I began taking up more time looking after Yuri while working, etc.

I pray that most of our days will be like these because I don't intend to hire another yaya. I know there'd be challenges along the way, but is there anything God can't do? He got this.

By the way, for those of you who also have yayas for your wee ones, on Monday, I'm going to write the things I did to prepare for the transition. Yayas don't last forever, and unless your want to be unprepared, I suggest you begin preparing for the day Yaya will say "ate ayaw ko na po."

PS: Thank you so much for all your messages of support! I felt bad last night because I read my post all over again and remembered how she insulted us repeatedly, but I also saw your comments which really made me smile. Thanks also to those who commented and messaged on Facebook and Skype! Lahat ng nagmessage at nagcomment, magaganda at busilak ang mga puso! :-P



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...