October 2, 2012

I love my job!

Of course, I love my job. The first things I love about it are the online platform and the flexibility of time. Who doesn't like working (and earning) in the comfort of your home? As a mommy, it's especially important to me when Y encounters milestones. I'm proud to have been there during his first smile, laughter, his first rollover, and I was the one who fed him his first solid food. It also benefits me that I can stop working whenever Y demands the breast. TMI. I know.

The second thing I love is the ease of work. It was really difficult at the beginning, though. I began my applications May last year, and I was finally able to start training on July. Yes, the 2-month period was just the application phase. There was no guarantee that you can be considered for training. The process is difficult, too. You really have to be a capable writer to be accepted. But after more than a year of being an online essay instructor, I can say that I'm already pretty adept at it, so the job comes easy more often than not.

The next thing I love about work is the stability. As long as there are students in the US who are required by their professors to write essays, we'll always have a job. I just don't like seeing this in the summer months:

But this rarely happens.
The fourth thing I love about my work is the prompt and convenient payment! While the main office is in Manila, I never had any trouble receiving payment for my work (ahem) because they directly deposit my salary into my BPI account, which I can check online! I thank God that I never had to experience delayed payments with my current work.

Finally, the fifth thing I love about work is the one that prompted me to write this blog entry:


Yes, that's me! Our team manager sent us this email just now, and as I mentioned in my reply, it's the first time I receive a special mention -- for something good! I have been an inactive tutor and I have only worked full-time this July (a year after I successfully got in). Before then, I was so "kulelat" and was actually the reason for deficit productions of the team. Reading this email makes me so proud of myself. :-) 

PS: Now that my salary has arrived, I can finally pay for the laptop! Here's to being debt-free -- cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...