January 5, 2013

Goals for 2013

Image from fabfitsquad.com
I'm bad at new year's resolutions; I can barely keep them. But I keep listing these resolutions down, in hope that the coming year would be different. Nah. This year, what I have is an actual game-plan, or goals that I will achieve in 2013. So what's the difference? I'm actually not sure, but somehow, the word "goals" seems more serious than "resolutions." Hahaha. But seriously, no crossed fingers for this year, only prayers and strong willpower.

Here are my goals for 2013:

1. Go to the gym and maintain 50-kg weight.

For the slim among you, 50-kg may seem scary. But for me who has been beyond the 70 mark (pregnancy issues), it's perfect. I'm happy that constant breastfeeding keeps my weight low; in fact, each time I stand on the weighing scale, the numbers get lower. But sooner or later, Y will stop breastfeeding. I'm actually happy with how I look now, and I plan on maintaining my present weight by going to the gym.

Of course, I can't go to the gym regularly if Y is still very attached to me (read: breastfeeding), so I will start my membership hopefully once the -ber months roll in. Also, I have never set foot inside a gym before, seriously, so I also hope someone can accompany me. *bats eyelashes*

2. Work harder on this blog and form a Davao network.

This blog has been a great outlet for me. I'm working at home, so most of the time, I'm alone with no workmates. Basically, I can only truly talk to one person - J - and even he's not available all the time. Without this blog, I would've gone insane because I've no one to talk to.

But aside from being my personal outlet, I want this blog to be bigger. I want to meet more people, so I want to create a local network here in my city, Davao. I'm aware that there's already a network of Davao bloggers, but they're mostly young, single people. While I am still very young, I want to connect with the ones whom I will surely relate with - moms. I'll work on this on January.

3. Do better at work and hopefully become a team leader.

It's no secret that I think I'm very lucky with my job. It pays well and doesn't require me to be away from my baby. I'm very contented, but I want to be a more valuable player in my team. This means I have to better, more skilled, and less complacent. Hopefully, I will become a team leader before the year ends.

4. De-clutter my life.

I'm not talking about emotional clutter or anything deep like that. All I'm talking about is the actual, physical mess in my bedroom. Seriously! When I was digging through my closet for some things to donate to those affected by Pablo, as well as some stuff to give to the indigenous people who might pass by our subdivision, I discovered a lot of clothes which I haven't worn in a year or so.

Because of this, I'm planning to have a garage sale next year. I may do this around June, maybe, once I get the go-signal from J. Why do I need a go-signal? Because if I sell my old clothes, I may also throw in some of Y's outgrown onesies and rompers.

5. Complete our family.

And this is the most serious and urgent goal I have at the moment. J and I have a specific game plan already, and J seems to have a specific date in mind. But since it is a personal matter, would you mind if I leave off the details? And please pray for us. Thank you!

What about you? What are your goals or resolutions for the incoming year?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...