May 31, 2013

On OOTDs and Feeling Good About Yourself

If you have been following my blog, you would know how I love taking OOTD photos. I don't have fabulous clothes. I don't own high-end brands. I just love taking photos of myself because they boost my self-esteem.

Recently, I re-discovered Ms. Tina Tagle's new blog. It's funny because she really set aside another page of her blog just for her OOTDs to keep the "haters" away. As written in her disclaimer, "So people who come to my blog now have a choice. You can view the page or not. If you view it, it’s your choice. Enter at your own risk." Funny!

But I don't understand why some people would hate other people's OOTDs. What's wrong with taking photos of your clothes? What's wrong with feeling beautiful or, at least, presentable when dressed up? I don't understand.

Personally, I like it when people post photos of themselves. They do not even have to be that fashionable. I just like it. I like how looking good in these photos boosts their self-confidence. I like it when they don't care whether they are not of the popular body type. I love every OOTD post, seriously. For me, taking OOTDs is a personal level of self-empowerment. I don't see it as bragging but, yes, self-empowerment.

And I don't understand why some people would go lengths to "hate" on OOTDs and, to an extent, make a certain person feel bad about herself (or himself).

I am affected because it's been so long since I've felt good about myself. It's hard to feel good about yourself when you're bordering on 75 kilos or 165 pounds - which I was when I was pregnant. But now, I realized that it's not about the weight; it's about how other people make you feel about it. If you're 200 pounds and feel like a goddess, then no one's stopping you from feeling good about yourself!

I take OOTDs even though I am not conventionally beautiful. I am only 5'1" (I used to think I was 5'2", but my OB harshly told me na hindi hahaha! I love my OB!), and I weigh 52 kilos. I am not even mestiza or chinita. I'm just my regular morena self. I have the darkest knees that I know of. And even though I'm happy with my weight, I have thick bilbils (haha!) - blame it on motherhood.


I don't even know how to pose! Someone teach me how to pose please.

And sorry, I only have an LG phone (and my Samsung point-and-shoot camera) plus an unclean mirror. Must remind Honey about this ASAP.

But I'm still taking my OOTDs no matter what convention tells me because they do wonders for my self-esteem. I feel good about them, my boyfriend likes them, and no "hater" is going to tell me otherwise.

PS: Don't be a green-eyed monster. Envy and jealousy is such an ugly thing. Be inspired instead!

Duh, if I were only good at using makeup, I think I'd even post FOTDs (face of the day). If I were good at cooking, I'd post food of the day. If I were good at interior design, I would barrage you with photos of my home. Whatever! 

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...