August 26, 2013

Yaya Woes: Barang

Image from www.realmagick.com
I'm stressing out now because I don't know how to handle Honey (Yuri's nanny - hey it rhymes!) anymore. She's been causing us a lot of petty problems already. However, I do know that we need her, and that even though she's far from perfect, we're lucky she's not like other yayas.

Just this afternoon, at 1pm, (before I even got to eat my lunch!), when I called her, she went out from her bedroom crying. I asked her bakit. She said wala lang. Now, you need to know that I still haven't eaten lunch already. I told her, Hindi ako tanga. What's wrong with you?!

She said she received a text message from her relatives in her hometown. (That's one of our complaints about her - she's always texting!!!). They told her daw that their mother was nabarang. For the non-Bisayas, it's similar to nakulam. I didn't know how to react because - ugh! - I don't like it when people believe in superstitions especially when it's a serious matter. Like health.

She said lumalaki daw tiyan ng nanay nila. Mamatay daw. I asked if they went to the doctor already. Sabi nila wala pa. That's when I lost my cool already (please take note that I was still in the process of preparing my lunch).

What?! So anong gagawin nyo? 

She didn't answer me. In short, walang ginawa. I was thinking, what are these people thinking? So I prodded, Do you believe in God? 

Oo ate.

So bakit ka naniniwala sa barang? 

My point is that they're acknowledging the power of the devil in their lives by being afraid of the so-called barang. They're not even acknowledging God or healing! My gehd! I told her, May general hospital naman sa inyo diba? She said yes. And you have PhilHealth? Meron daw. So what are you waiting for? Isugod nyo na sa ospital!

My gehd. Nakakastress. These people know that their mother's stomach is getting huge already and they're just sitting there, fearing the mambabarang. 

They don't know that when they acknowledge the power of barang, they're acknowledging the power of the devil, when they should have known that calling Jesus Christ would thwart the devil. And God did give us the blessing and miracle of modern day treatments.

Your thoughts please?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...