August 23, 2013

God is Testing Me

I am thankful that I have the option to stay at home and work while watching my bébé. I've written about being a work-at-home momma several times already, and I know how lucky I am to have this opportunity.

I'm working as an online essay instructor (points to sidebar ). I love being able to work in my own time and availability. I also love being able to help students halfway across the globe fix their papers and, hopefully, get higher grades. However, as with everything else in the world, my work has a downside. It's this:
It's the last leg of the Summer Semester and we're understandably receiving very few essays from students. You see, unlike people who work in offices, I don't have paid absences. When I don't work, I don't get paid. It's a straightforward system, actually. Frankly, I don't like lean months (who does?), but I get by.

However, this week is different. I really feel that God is testing my patience. Let's begin with Tuesday.

Tuesday - There were some essays in the queue, but I didn't get to work in the afternoon because Honey, Yuri's yaya, had to go to downtown to fix some requirements for school. I thought I would be able to resume work around 3 or 4PM, when she returned home at 2PM. Perfect! Or so I thought. She returned pala because she forgot her ID!!! Of all things to forget, ID pa talaga! Result: I wasn't able to work at all.

Wednesday - It was a holiday, but I wanted to work. Alas, there were no essays at all that day!

Thursday - There were several essays that day, so I worked double-time in the morning. Now, Honey did not get to finish her tasks last Tuesday, so she had to take another leave to go downtown. Sheesh. Again, I wasn't able to work whole afternoon. She finally returned at 7PM and told us na tapos na sya. Hay salamat!!!

Friday - And finally, today. There were several essays again - things are looking good! And Honey's got nowhere to go. Perfect! I can finally work in peace... until the power outtage. I kept calling Davao Light but the calls got me nowhere. Laging walang update. So unlike Davao Light. The electricity went out at around 9AM and only returned after lunch!

I was stressed because I had one essay na nakatengga. I had to submit it back to the website but we had no internet connection. I hurriedly got my SmartBro plugin and made pa-load. Pero di ako maka-connect sa laptop ko. We've only used this SmartBro stick kasi using my mother's laptop, so there must be an incorrect setting in mine.

After fretting for a while, I thought of inserting the 3G sim into my phone. Yay, it worked! Then, I emailed my good friend, George (who's my colleague, too), my username and password and the reviewed essay. After a few minutes, she said it's done already.

Wah, what could I ever do without you, George? *sends tight hugs and slobbery kisses*

Now, I'm back to work, and like the image above, wala na namang essay sa queue. Unahan na naman ito! Wish me luck! Aja!

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...