December 14, 2013

The Season I am in: Planting

Obviously, I am not referring to the winter season (or tag-ulan in the Philippines) because any farmer would know it's not exactly the best season for planting. No, I am referring to the season of life I am currently in. I am in the season of planting.

The other night, when I was praying and meditating before bedtime, I asked God how long would I have to wait before my dream of being a complete family would come true. I was reading some verses, and these spoke to me:
luke 21: 29-32

In the context of the Bible, Jesus pertained to our salvation as humanity. However, in the context of my personal prayer, I viewed these verses as my personal guide. I hope you don't mind me sharing, but this is the word I have received:

My daughter, you are a woman after my heart. However, you are still sometimes a woman of the world. I am using this time to mold your character, to form you into the best mother and wife that you can be.
You received the consequence of not waiting, but I turned that consequence into a blessing (Yuri). You hurried and made rash decisions. Now is the time to do the opposite, my daughter. Now is the time to learn the virtues of patience, perseverance, and discipline.
If a blessing came out of your impatience, imagine what I have in store for you if you wait!
My daughter, I have great plans for you. But they will only be fulfilled if you mold your character. Use this season in your life well!



Planting in my family
It all makes sense now. Before I had Yuri, I was a pretty absent daughter. I was almost never at home. Now, I'm always home and always there for my family. I believe I'm being taught to appreciate my family better before I finally begin a separate life.

Planting in my relationship


I am also learning to appreciate and trust Job even more. As of now, we have been in a long-distance relationship for more than 25 months already. That's pretty long, and I'm proud to say that all our fights root from miscommunication and never from the lack of trust and never ever from infidelity. I believe God is molding our characters so that we can place Him in the center of our relationship. I should also say this setup teaches us the values of waiting and, ironically, abstinence.

Planting in my son
I am also in the planting season of motherhood. I have to be frank about this, but if you think being a mother is hard, imagine what a single mom has to go through. I believe God is teaching me how to be strong and independent. I know these values are not foreign to me, but I used them for sinning. Now, I need to use them in the right way.

Planting for myself
Finally, we are also in the season of planting financially. Both Job and I are working so hard to build our emergency fund and, next month, our retirement fund. It may not be clear to you, but our setup now allows us to work on our finances. The good thing about it is that we are working as a team, but we handle money individually, which means both of us get to learn the value of saving and frugality.

You have to believe me, I have never felt more blessed and loved than after hearing those words from my Father above. And God is right: if He blessed me despite my sins, what kind of blessings are awaiting me if I followed His heart? The possibilities are unimaginable for a sinner like me, but God is the greatest planner. Ever.

I hope these words spoke to you, too. I have wanted to keep these words to myself, but somehow, I am moved to share it. And why not? I'm pretty sure God has the greatest plans for all of us.

So if you are in the same season of planting and waiting as me, I'm sure there is a strong reason behind it. I already feel blessed during this season, and I can't fathom what awaits me in the Season of Harvesting. I would say I can hardly wait, but that defeats the purpose of learning patience!

Before I end this post, let me leave to you my life verse:
Photo: temporaryvisitors.wordpress.com

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...