May 31, 2014

Humans of New York

Recently, I've made some changes to my Instagram account. You see, I've been "unselective" with regard to the people I follow. I really didn't care. Until I decided, once and for all, that since I spend so much time on Instagram anyway, I should un-follow those who have meaningless and negative feeds and only follow accounts with inspiring, beautiful, and meaningful feeds.

Because of that, I unfollowed many accounts of people who always post meaningless and mean messages, people who post pictures that are against my belief, and, well, sellers who flood my feed with objects I will never buy.

Then I looked for accounts that would make my Instagram-browsing a bit more meaningful.

So now, my feed has less trash and more stuff like this:

http://instagram.com/christian_worship

I have heard of the website, Humans of New York, before, but I did not know Stanton also had an Instagram account. When I found out about it, I didn't waste time and began following it. I don't regret doing it because all of the photos are beautiful and many of these photos contained thought-provoking and inspiring stories. Here are some of my favorites:


Funny stuff

Inspiring stuff

Stuff that reminded me of some points of my childhood (and even adulthood)

More inspiring stuff

Stuff that made me afraid and made me cling on to God

Kiddie fashion inspiration

Stuff that bring back my "faith" in humanity

Stuff I couldn't relate to but liked because of the beautiful subjects

Relatable stuff about parenthood

Stuff that can make anyone smile and feel warm all over

Stuff that made me think

And stuff that reminded me that it's never okay to judge. Ever.

What I really love about this account is the different stories behind the faces that I might encounter randomly on the road. It reminds me that behind every face lies a story that is not only special but also potentially inspiring. Most importantly, this account continually reminds me to always be kind to others for they are fighting their own battles, just like I am.

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...