February 9, 2015

And We Can Uplift Each Other

I don't remember the last time I blogged lightheartedly. Oh I remember pala. It was during Job's birthday the other week. Was it only 10 days ago? It seems like a lifetime.

Last week, I felt down for reasons I will describe below. However, there was also one thing that occurred last week that forced made me to remember the happy things. Look at this photo:
You see toys; I see hope.

This photo was sent to me in an envelope containing more photos and a letter. A thank you letter. See, the envelope came from World Vision. Aside from the photo above, there were other photos depicting a handsome smiling boy in a shopping cart with her mother, shopping for toys and clothes.

The boy is a 3-year old, almost the same age as Yuri, and one of my World Vision sponsors. The letter came from him and his mom, thanking me for my meager contribution to their joy. Joy not because of the toys and clothes but joy because of the hope that we can help each other and uplift each other. It's not impossible pala.

And it made me rethink some things in light of a different context:

STILL GRIEVING? NOTICE THE LIVING.

You know naman, everyone is in such a somber mood these past couple of weeks. I don't think I need to remind anyone about that. Not to undermine their pain and suffering, oh not at all, but we need to also remember the living. This means if we got affected by the 44's deaths, then perhaps we need to do something to help those who are still in the service.

As tragic as it is, their death opened our eyes to things we didn't know before. We should know by now what we need to do.

LOOKING AT CRITICISMS FROM A HUMBLE PERSPECTIVE

And then I got into a dilemma at work. I didn't work for three days straight (a long time for someone who barely misses work) just to think about things. And try my hand at applying for new jobs. While I got offered jobs, I didn't pursue them in the end. This is because I got to talk with my team leader, the same person who diligently trained me when I was still applying and, later, a newbie 4 years ago.

She didn't force me to do anything and even said that if I really wanted to do creative writing, I should go for it. But she also made me realize that all of us, including her who is virtually the best writing tutor in the country (exagg but probably true? hihi), receive criticisms.

Sure, sometimes, they can be hurtful and can demotivate, but that's life. We couldn't improve without criticism. I remember someone told me progress comes out of conflict, and I guess that's true. I tried to see the situation from the right perspective, and now I'm more motivated to persevere.

If anything, I think God wants to send me a message that I should be humble, and at the same time, not give up! And I want to thank my team leader for delivering the message and uplifting my spirits.

AND THE START OF SOMETHING NEW

And finally, I am now attending review classes for brokerage. I guess I already wrote about this a month ago because the classes were supposed to start last month but got postponed and just began Saturday. So until the end of March, I'm gonna be stuck in an airconditioned room listening to speakers and writing down notes instead of malling. Hehe joke lang.
Commuter mode (note to self: stomach in!)

Who says I couldn't go to the mall after class, diba? Hihihi.

Anyway, I'm actually thankful for the opportunity. I know people who really wanted to attend this but couldn't for various reasons. Honestly, I don't know a lot about real estate (what I know I only learned from last year's seminar for real estate salesperson). I have always been interested in properties but it is not my passion. But who knows? After all, this is a potential lifetime career. I had asked God for a blessing that can allow me to be a blessing to others, and maybe this can be it. Who knows?

I got amused with the writing on my desk. Can't relate, though!

I'd like you to do this exercise, too. Try to think of something that is weighing you down. God wants us to surrender it. How? First, by praying and letting God work. Second, by seeing how this burden could have been meant to uplift us. Additional work load, for example, may mean promotion in the future, while a trying toddler may signify a message that we need to increase our patience. Either way, call on God and look for Him for an answer. I'm sure He's always looking toward uplifting us, and we should pray to also uplift other people.

Let's look at life from a brighter perspective from now on.



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...