November 25, 2014

A Quick Review of Etude House Drawing Eye Brow

I do not wear makeup but I do know that I need to groom my brows to look presentable. Etude House's Drawing Eyebrow helped me with that.

(I didn't plan to blog today but one look at my overflowing drafts folders gave me a little panic attack!)

Okay, so here we go. I'm unfortunately blessed with weird eyebrows. They're, somewhat thick in the inner edges and really sparse toward the outer edges. In person, they may look okay, but in photos, I look as if I have half-brows.
I have nonexistent brows. (Photo comes from this post.)
Pitiful brows!

I have complained about my brows for as long as I could remember but I keep on forgetting to just buy decent brow makeup. But when opportunity presented itself when I was alone at Abreeza after an event, I finally went to Etude House to pick a liner.

(The night before, I liked for reviews of dummy-friendly eyebrow makeup and many recommended Etude House.)

Upon entering the store, I asked the lady which shade would suit me best. She gave me the #1 shade, which is dark brown. Then she said,
"Pero ma'am, kailangan ayusin nyo po muna kilay nyo."
I laughed. It's true! My brows were really a mess that day.

Anyway, here are photos of the product:
So what's the verdict?

DUMMY-FRIENDLINESS: 

I really don't know anything about makeup. I swear. But I think I immediately understood how to use this because, let's face it, how hard can it be to use a pencil. I admit I did watch some YouTube videos, though!

If you're a makeup dummy like me, here's what I do.

  1. First, groom the brows and trim off excess hair.
  2. Second, line the brows using short, light strands as if you're drawing rain drops, not a rainbow. I also begin lining a few millimeters off the beginning of the brows, not at their actual beginning. (I discovered that the latter makes me look like I have a unibrow.)
  3. Third, use the brush at the other end to fix the brows and blend the makeup.

That's it! It doesn't even take me 5 minutes. (Perfect for on-the-go moms!)
NATURAL COVERAGE: 

It is quite tricky because you really need to use a light hand. Otherwise, the color would come off to strongly. However, I like the result of the former because I just look as if I just naturally have full eyebrows.

LONG-LASTING POWER: 

So far, I can say that it really lasts. My test? When we went to Lake Agco at Mount Apo, I wore eyebrow liner from the time we left home (3am), and by the time we got back home at around 7pm, the makeup was still there! It didn't fade and smudge, and I got wet during the trip!

AFFORDABILITY: 

I don't see any reason why you won't buy a tube to try it for yourself because it only costs less than P150 or a little over $3.
Full brows!

So far, I'm very happy with my Etude House Drawing Eyebrows. I understand that it may not appeal to those who seek fuller coverage and it can't really be used for formal occasions, but since I'm just home most of the time and I only go to the mall and some casual events, I declare the product perfect for me.

Have you used Etude House Drawing Eyebrows? What eyebrow products do you use?

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...