December 26, 2014

How Cervical Mucus Helps you Conceive

Most people know I didn't have a planned pregnancy. However, you might not know that I was certain I was going to be pregnant during that time. That was because I had a very regular period (I still have, actually) and knew that I was fertile and ovulating.

I know many other women who have been trying to conceive. On the contrary, there are also many women who get pregnant unplanned. Save for those who have genuine reproductive issues, I think it all boils down to awareness of your body and your ovulation cycle.
Source: ovufriend.com

Tracking ovulation is one of the number steps you can do in order to get pregnant fast. Being able to know when you ovulate means knowing when to baby dance as well to increase your odds of conceiving.

There are many ways to track your ovulation; one of these is by checking your cervical mucus. If you are into checking your cervical mucus, you know that the cervical mucus change from time to time. Its colors could vary from light brown to light pink to white to clear white.

Our friends at www.pregnancytips.org say that we should be looking for an egg white cervical mucus to determine ovulation. This kind of mucus is very clear and stretchy; it is designed that way to help the sperm reach the egg faster. So when you see that egg white cervical mucus, it most probably means that you are ovulating and you may want to make sure not to miss that opportunity for the sperm to catch the egg for more chances of conceiving.

For now, even if I am not trying to conceive, I still use an app to track my period so that I'm always prepared. If you are TTC (trying to conceive), have you tried tracking your ovulation? How do you do it? If not, why?


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...