January 14, 2015

The Curious Tale of Kuya Biscuit, Trucks, and Other Stories

I genuinely like time alone with Yuri. At home, it doesn't feel like I'm an adult stuck with a kid (who happens to be my son) and just need to tolerate him. Instead, I often look forward to talking with my 2-year old because I sometimes burst into laughter and I sometimes learn.
TRUCKS

Yuri is 33 months old but knows more trucks and machines that any of us at home combined. I think the only one who can beat his knowledge of machinery is his dad. For example, one day, Yuri asked me to form a truck with his Mega-bloks.
Me: Anong klaseng truck gagawin ko?
Yuri: Big rig.
What is a big rig and how in earth am I going to make it out of blocks? I formed what looked like a regular truck instead and he was satisfied. Whew, disaster averted.

Last night, he wanted a "snow pyow" or snow plow.
I think I need to send my son to mechanic school or something.

IF YURI SUMMONS YOU TO DINNER, RISE AT ONCE.

Yuri also says amusing things regularly. For example, one night, after we set the dinner table, I asked him to call his yayu (lolo) in their bedroom.
Yuri: Kain na tayo yayu.
Lolo: Sige, susunod na ako.
But papa stayed a while to finish watching NBA, so Yuri went ahead. When Yuri went back to the dining area, we asked, "Saan na si yayu?" 
Yuri: Di daw sya kain. Busog daw sya.



GAB-TAXI

One day during Christmas vacation, I met with my friends at Belito's. It was hard to get a cab during that time so I asked my sister to call me one while I prepared.

All the numbers were busy so she gave the phone to Yuri for a while.

Yuri began to talk to the receiver, which is not unlikely because he likes pretend-talking on the phone. I heard snippets like this:
May taxi jan?
Dito house nila Laxa.
May jeep jan? May truck jan?. May helicopter jan? May airplane jan?
Ano pala gawa mo?
After maybe around 20 minutes, he said bye to his imaginary (I assumed) phonepal and we resumed calling for cabs (in vain, by the way).

When we were off to our destination, we passed by the village guardhouse and one of the guards smiled at Yuri and said, "Oh yan yung kausap ko kanina!"


THE CURIOUS TALE OF KUYA BISCUIT

Yuri also loves making up names for people and things. He calls this stuffed pillow Chap-chap:

A photo posted by @chelseaalaxa on


For some reason, he used to call himself Kuya Biscuit. As in he would tell us, "Hindi ako si Yuwi. Ako si Kuya Biscuit!"

But after receiving this puzzle book from his Tita Hazel, he now alternates between Batman and Superman. Sometimes, he's Robin or Superboy.


And guess what he calls Hershey's Kisses?


Dede chocolate. Go figure!

And these are only some of the reasons why I don't believe in the Terrible Two's!

PS:

There's one more funny story about Yuri that makes me end up in fits if laughter. However, it has sensitive content so I can't share it on the Web. Wala lang, just a reminder to other bloggers to share but not over-share! :-)



_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...