September 19, 2012

Top 5 Craziest Things I've Done

Ae Mi Lee of  My Baby, My Star, from the BC Bloggers, suggested this crazy topic. It's really crazy, actually, and I thought how hard could it be? Amazingly, I had trouble writing this blog post. I didn't know where to start! How could someone so young be so dumb crazy? After listing a dozen things and then short-listing them to seven, I finally came up with the top 5 craziest things I have done -- to date.

5 - Work as a reporter for a local newspaper
This was a good job experience, but I consider being a news reporter crazy because I already had a good-paying job at that time. Little did I know that I'm about to enter a world where I have to scour the entire city under the scorching sun to look for news that are hard to write, to earn minimum wage at the end of the month. After a couple of months, I quit.

4 - Drink with two of my fraternity brothers the night before a major exam
I vividly remember that it was a midterm exam for a major subject. I believe that it was supposed to be just a couple of bottles of beer to relax, but we had more and more. I don't remember much, but I do remember crawling up the stairs, crying hysterically, and not being prepared for the exam. In short, I totally embarrassed myself.

3 - Climbed over a high fence to escape a landlady
In college, a couple of our friends lived in another dormitory governed by a strict landlady. One Friday night, we slept over at our friends' room to watch movies. A neighbor warned us that the landlady will check all the rooms in the morning for unwanted visitors. To escape her, we woke up really early the following morning to go outside the dormitory, only to be greeted by a padlocked gate. So we did what any lady would do - we climbed the steep gate without concern for our limbs.

2 - Secretly jumped on a bus to Surigao del Sur with my boyfriend
I did a lot of crazy things with J, in the most innocent sense of the word. One of them was celebrating my birthday in his hometown, 12 whopping hours away from Davao City. I knew my parents won't allow me to go, so I didn't tell anyone about it. On the day of our departure, I immediately left as soon as I came home from work. We stayed in Surigao for three days. Down to this day, I still wonder what would have happened if I my mother texted me to go home.

1 - Have a baby with my boyfriend and kept it a secret
This may be the craziest thing I have ever done in my life. My parents have always seen me as a good and studious child - not that having a baby changes this - and this event was particularly shocking to them. My mother knew about J, but she didn't think it was serious. Over a year ago, I kept my pregnancy a secret and ran away from home. However, it doesn't matter now because the new grandparents simply adore Y. Now, if they could only adore J, too... Haha!

All of these crazy things that I have done taught me different lessons that I will always remember. Even though I've done things that are not very admirable, I have no regrets because these crazy things complete me as a person. These lessons I have learned will also be taught to Y, although I may encourage him to work as a newspaper reporter. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...