October 18, 2012

How do you say goodbye to an old friend?

It's funny how you easily assume that when you're friends with a person - or two - for more than six years, you're friends with them forever. And it's funny how easy it is for those people to throw those years away.

Sadly, it happens.

Sadly, it happens when you were raising your firstborn baby alone. It happens when you couldn't move due to the stitches in your stomach. It happens when you were scrambling around, looking for funds, because you couldn't work yet. It happens during the baptism of the same son, when all you need are a few good friends to make you forget why the baby's father can't be there.

Sadly, it happens when the world around you spins so crazily fast that all you need are a few old friends to lean on to so you won't get dizzy or fall off the chair.

Sadly, it happens when you need them the most.

And you don't know why. Sometimes, you will never know why.

This is my last straw, my last bullet. After this, I'll never text nor call nor send you PMs on Facebook. I won't bother asking for my books again. After all, I can buy new ones, just like how I will find new and better friends. After this, I'll live as if I never knew both of you in the first place.

So, how do I say goodbye to an old friend? Or a couple of old friends?


In your face!

(Photo taken from Google)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...