November 5, 2012

Cebu City: Day 2

Today's a busy day of getting back to work (and talking to people I referred), but I need to write a blog entry in case I forget what we did in Cebu. Yes, my memory is actually thisshort.

Last Monday, October 29, was our second day in Cebu. That day was reserved for visiting our relatives in Compostela Province. For the uninformed, it is a fourth-class municipality, around 5 cities away from Cebu City. Again, I don't have any photos of our trip to Compostela, but I do have photos of our stay.

We stayed in one of my uncles' beach house. I'm quite reluctant to use the term "beach house" because you may immediately think of grand beach houses with floor-ceiling windows. But technically, it is a house by the beach, so it is a beach house.

It was a big lot, around 1000 square meters, with two little houses where my uncle and the rest of the family stays for vacation. It also has a small nipa cottage and some coconut trees to add to the ambience. It was so charming because the property was directly beside the water so it seems as if the property was built above the sea.

Anyway, let the photos speak for themselves:

Mama and Y by the sea
Helloooo!
View of the sea
Sister trying to do an emo shot - FAIL!
Fat, awkward pose, bad hair -- never mind the subject, the background is better!
The young ones (plus great grand-lola) under a coconut tree
And the "young once" drinking in the cottage
Charming view and wooden fence - kuno
Catching up on 20+ years of no communication
While the kids threw stones at crabs that climb the walls
More laughing
The sea starting to withdraw from the land
A pretty confused Y with one of his lolos
More beach houses by the sea
My sister and her nieces - Hahaha!
Overexposed photo of me and Y
Children and their tactics never grow old. :-)
The notorious Laxa's in Compostela, 50 years later :-)
I wish we can have a bigger family reunion, with everyone from Baguio, Pampanga, Cebu, and Davao. As we Bisaya say, puhon. On the other hand, I pray we will have a house by the sea, too, in the future. Perhaps in Lanuza, Surigao. #alamna
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...