November 14, 2012

SM Cebu Breastfeeding Room

Traveling with a baby is a breeze when you are breastfeeding. Well, I don't mean breeze as in easy peasy exactly, but it certainly is a lot easier than traveling while formula-feeding. Imagine having to lug around bottles, cans of formula, water (sterilized, that is), a sterilizer, bottle brush, nipple brush, etcetera etcetera! Imagine the baggage weight!

When we were in Cebu, I didn't have the trouble of having to carry all those things. However, I did have the trouble of having to look for breastfeeding rooms. I mostly breastfed in the hotel room, though, and only carried solid food when we went out, but Y would inevitably crave "boob-time" every now and then.

The Ayalas are one of the successful developers in Cebu. Unfortunately, the Ayala Center is outdated. Not only does it look - and feel - old, there was also no breastfeeding room! When I asked a saleslady where their bf room was, she actually pointed me to the nearby fitting rooms. Oh, the horror. I had to breastfeed in the food court. Which looked like the food court of Gaisano South. I know.

Thankfully, the best mall in the city (me is biased), which is SM Cebu, has one. Apparently, it's also called the "Pink Room." It's located at the second floor of the North Wing - or instead of looking for it by yourself, try to go to an Information Booth for directions. Even I don't remember exactly how I found the BF room. Yes, SM Cebu is that big. 

I'm happy with the breastfeeding room because it is clean and spacious. There are also nurses to attend to your concerns, if you have some. It wasn't as fancy as the one in Abreeza, but I like it better because there are no cubicles. But enough with words, let the photos do the talking. I was alone in the station so I was free to take these pictures:
The station is easy to spot because of the huge sign.
A couple of arm chairs on one side - this is where we sat
And a long "sofa" on the other side
The popular breastfeeding poster just beside the door
A diaper changing station and a sink (with a mirror!)
A couple of wheelchairs
One last picture before we went out
PS: While I prefer breastfeeding in BF rooms, I also am used to breastfeeding in public. I also breastfed in SM food court, as well as some restaurants we ate in and boutiques we entered, with no problem. :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...