December 28, 2012

Bankrupt!

Christmas is the season for giving - and I think I may have taken it too seriously! Frankly, I was able to save up a generous amount last month in preparation for Christmas. However, I did not plan to spend it all in just one go. But it seems like I have gone overboard (again!) and spent almost all of it! When I checked my bank account online, I only have a little amount of money left. And I have only P800 in my wallet!

If you're a mom with a baby, you would understand how depressing this is.

Oh, the woes of a one-day millionaire. I tried to track back all my spending, and thanks to the Pocket Budget app in my phone, I was able to check all my "transactions." I wanted to see how my finances look, so I copied these transactions into my account in Expense Register. Take a look at this:

Report from ExpenseRegister.com
If you noticed, more than half of my money went to "gifts." Now, if you received a gift from me, don't worry because I don't regret it. What I actually did is went overboard on my gifts to my immediate family. I know that it is better to give than to receive, but next time, I will set a budget and I will stick to it. I can only image J's face if he finds out about this. :-| 

I solemnly swear I won't be spending anything for the next three months. I swear I will keep a stable amount in my bank account and in Yuri's each month. I promise I won't spend on impulse. Huhuhu.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...