February 23, 2013

The family's going to Camiguin - without me!

Last Tuesday night, my parents arrived at home with this silly smiles on their faces. My mom took Y from me and said:
We're going on a vacation this weekend.
I lit up. Exciting! The last time we went out of town was when we went to Cebu last year. So I said:
Really? San tayo pupunta?
Imagine my disappoint when my mom replied:
No, hindi tayo. Kami lang ni papa at ni C (my sister). Okay lang yan kasi nakapunta ka na dun.  Baka di nyo kaya ni Y ang byahe.
I was puzzled. Saan? Not Surigao since my mom's been there already. That's when I exclaimed:
Camiguin!!!
Camiguin is an island in Mindanao near CDO and just across Bohol. It's an island paradise. I have been there way back in 2009 as a field trip in Photography class. I want to reminisce so I checked out my and my classmates' old Multiply sites (no links please! :D) for some photos:
I think this was still in CDO; we were on the barge to Camiguin Island

One of the islands in Camiguin

Old Church Ruins (Photo by JM Angeles)
I forgot where this was... (Photo by JM Angeles)
"Climbing" White Island, also known as Vanishing Island (Photo by JM Angeles)
Tinatago ang taba?
Lounging by White Island (Photo by JM Angeles)
I therefore conclude wala talaga akong hiya nung college... (Photo by JM Angeles)
Katibawasan Falls (Photo by George Enriquez-Bungao)
A view of Mt. Hibok-hibok (Photo by JM Angeles)
Can you spot me? I'm in pink. :P
Group photo in Mantigue Island (Photo by JM Angeles)
Token sunset photo
Nene, and even wearing my high school shirt from Assumption
One of the few times I got a macro shot perfectly.
Iconic Sunken Cemetery
Looking at these photos, I'd like to think I've aged gracefully. Hahaha!

Well, to be fair, my parents have been wanting to go to Camiguin since forever, but we never found time. Also, my sister and I are known to be bad travelers - we can't tolerate hours in moving vehicles. When I went to Surigao the other year with J, I was really, really pale. But my parents' officemates planned a roadtrip to Camiguin and they only lacked 2 more people. So on impulse, my parents said yes!

So now, I'm feeling alone and a bit jealous. Just an eensy weensy bit. After all, it will just be Y and me at home. Promise, ang lungkot ng ambience ng bahay. And my supposed lunch date earlier didn't push through. Hay. Oh well.

PS: JM, if you happen to be reading this, I got some photos from your account ha? (Duh!) Daghan man gud ka photos, like around 500. Haha!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...