April 2, 2013

Banana Cake Weekend

Hey guys, it's back to work!

Oh, my greeting came too late. I was supposed to blog yesterday, but the little boy came down with a slight fever. So I decided not to work in the afternoon to take care of him. That's one of the perks of working from home with a flexible schedule. Being a WAHM rocks!

So anyway, let's get back to topic. How was your looong weekend, everyone? Mine was spent writing and campaigning for Sample Room's Blogger Circle. Please do leave a comment! I will eternally be grateful.

(And while we're at it, please follow me on Twitter (@maanlaxa) and fave this tweet. Also, do follow me on Instagram (still @maanlaxa) and double tap on this photo. Please, please, please! It would mean so much to me. #totallybegging)

Alright, so I already digressed twice. Let's go back to the long weekend we all had. Where did you spend it? I was just home the whole time. You see, I don't really celebrate Lent and Easter. I've not been celebrating it for 3 years now since I learned that everything was already finished when Jesus died on the cross. Jesus doesn't die and resurrect again every year; he has already conquered death thousands of years ago. :-)

We did have fun spending time and just resting at home, though. We took care of all the leftovers from Y's birthday party. (Which reminds me, hindi ko pa pala naba-blog!) My mom also baked banana bread:

My sister's slice
As what I mentioned before, my mom bakes very well. It happened that we still had a bowl of chocolate frosting left from Y's cupcakes, and we had a bunch of bananas that are already almost overripe. The most sensible thing to do is bake banana bread! You may not know it, but I love banana bread. I don't need fancy desserts. Banana cake lang okay na ako. :D

My slice. I'm not even sorry!
Disturbing yung reflection ng sunlight sa frosting, noh? Ganyan kainit lately eh. Kahit cake nasisilaw. :P

Anyway, I don't have a photo of the entire batch because everything was wiped out immediately. We're not even sorry. Hahaha! *burp*

To cap off this post, let's all take a look at the most recent photo of Y in Jollibee. Here's his version of beautiful eyes. Hala sige, pagbigyan!


By the way, you might have noticed (or not!) that I stopped using fancy watermarks. I'm sad to let the cute logos go, but placing them on my photos takes too much time. It's back to text watermarks for me!

*Photos courtesy of my phone
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the elegant chair below:


Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...