January 7, 2015

My Final Fun and Frugal Shopping Finds for 2014

A day before New Year's Eve, we shopped for our and our relatives' respective Media Noche celebrations. I ended up buying a few more things as gifts to others and myself as I realized I didn't buy anything for myself for Christmas. Not that it's necessary, just to clarify, I just want to indulge the kuripot shopaholic in me before the year ends.

This means I shouldn't break the bank, so what I bought were affordable, as in cheap finds. I know, right? Before I show you my finds, here's us before going out:
Both that shirt and those shorts used to be loose on me. Now, gaaah!
(Department store polo shirt | Forever 21 denim shorts | the usual Crocs and Coach | Aeropostale watch) 
On the boy: Mothercare shirt | Circo shorts | Nike shoes

We were off to our usual mall, SM Lanang Premier, to do the grocery. However, we first went to Robinsons Cybergate because Mama, ever the bargain-hunter, told me of a place that sells cheap clothes there. So off we went to Robinsons Cybergate! The place is called Left to Vary, and they have two puestos in the mall. We just went to one near the road because the sizes of the clothes in the puesto near the grocery are too large. 

In fairness, there are a lot of clothes there. They are all brand new naman and some are branded. Because they are too cheap, I cannot attest to their authenticity. However, it's still fun to pick out clothes and I was there to look for tops as I don't have a lot of them. That's in preparation for my classes; I don't want to wear dresses then hahaha. 

But I didn't see a lot of clothes I want that time probably because they didn't have new stocks. I'm planning to return nalang next time. Anyway, here are my shopping finds:
Unbranded striped top (original price P300, on sale at P150) and Terranova long-sleeved top (original price P300, on sale at P150)

Denim shorts from Denim & Co (original price P300, on sale at P150)
Unbranded magenta shorts (original price P380, on sale at P195)
Mint green Bershka shorts (original price P380, on sale at P195)
Disney long-sleeved top for the boy ((original price P150, on sale at P75 - only P75!)

Again, I can't attest to the authenticity of the items. However, the branded ones like the Bershka shorts and the Disney shirt are all of nice quality, especially the latter. I'm inclined to think that both are authentic.

After that, we went to SM to have lunch, and I dropped by CD-R King to buy a memory card. Would you believe that 8-GB micro SDs are now only P240? I remember buying 2-GB cards when I was in college for more than that price. So I bought two!

Then I dropped by National Book Store to buy some puzzles. I'm amazed to see good-quality ones being sold so cheaply. Here are what I picked up:
Clever Hands puzzles for P175 and Galactic Memory Game for P90

And to complete this list of shopping finds, here's my final and most exciting find: diapers. Hahaha! I'm sorry. Anyway, we barely use diapers anymore as Yuri wears briefs when he's awake and cloth diapers when he sleeps. However, it keeps raining nowadays, and my laundry takes a while to dry, that I have to resort to using disposables. At this age, though, it's so hard to keep a toddler still to tape a diaper so I really wanted to buy pull-ups. The problem is that I find them too expensive. But then I found this brand:
I used to be so brand-conscious when it comes to diapers and would only buy the known brands. However, I came to realize that the expensive brands and the unknown brands are virtually the same. Some are even better (i.e. I swear by Heaven diapers). So I didn't hesitate to buy this brand especially as a pack of 20 (any size) only costs P206. Upon using it, I was satisfied because the diapers were soft and we didn't have any leaks at all. Cute design, too!

What about you? Have you been shopping lately? Please share your fun and frugal finds, too!


_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...