May 6, 2013

My First Godson - Andrei

I am lucky enough to have given birth the same year as my best friend, George. Of course, I gave birth earlier - way earlier. Yuri is seven months older than Andrei, George's baby. It seems like just yesterday when Andrei was born. Well, in the real yesterday, I had the pleasure of attending Andrei's baptism. He's my first godson ever!

Attending baby Andrei's baptism made me a bit nostalgic for my own Y's baptism. Would you believe it happened 8 months ago? Y just turned 5 months then. Here's the series of posts I wrote about the baptism:

http://www.davaomommy.com/2012/09/y-baptism.html
http://www.davaomommy.com/2012/09/baptism-expenses.html

Now, let's go back to Andrei's baptism. Here's the gift I bought weeks before the actual event. Actually, I bought this gift when I also discovered Beryl's Gourmet. That was two weeks ago. Excited much? Here it is:

Image from http://www.ensogo.com.ph/cebu/turtle-night-lamp-06152012.html
This is not the actual photo, of course. I just did not have the heart to take a photo of it myself because I feel my photo would not do justice to the lamp. May ganon? So I decided to just lift a high-res photo of the lamp off the internet. Lolz.

But it is so cute, no? We tried it at home the night before the baptism. It projected stars and moons on the wall while playing soothing lullabies. We were oohing and aahing the entire time. Suffice to say, we wanted one for ourselves! (Don't worry, baby Andrei. The lamp's all yours!)

Anyway, I guess I would buy one for Y when the right time comes. Charot. Before I digress further, here are some photos from the Baptism:

The first family
Please notice how both mommy and daddy pout while the baby drank milk. Reflex? :D
Happy baby Andrei! We love you! :*
The baptism, by the way, took place in Saint Paul's Parish waaay down in the Southern part of the city. I almost never venture there! In fact, napapadpad lang ako doon to attend George's events. Haha! After the ceremony (no pics during the ceremony!), we proceeded to K Steak Unlimited, which was just across the street. Let's leave that for another post. :D

Before we end this post, may OOTD na naman! Ako pa? I also dragged George into her own OOTD:

Sorry for the overexposed photo. This was 12 noon!
The towering shoes that deserve their own baptism. Haha!
And yours truly:
My outfit in all its MISMATCHED glory

Green Dress: Forever 21
Sheer Jacket: Vintage from my mom
White Sandals: Zara TRF
Bag: Fossil

Note to self: Please use lip gloss or lipstick. Your lips are too pale!

Please stay tuned to my post about the baptism's reception. How was your weekend everyone?

* Trivia: My older brother is also named Andrei! George had a little crush on him when we were in college. :D
_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...