September 7, 2013

Counting My Blessings


Last year, I wrote something about leaving Facebook. Simply because I get pangs of envy and jealousy when I view my feed, especially when I see people posting status messages and photos about travels, new ventures, and new families. Most especially new families. It hits close to heart because until now, my prayer about my own family has not been answered yet.

That was last year, and to be honest, I still don't find any serious reason to be on Facebook, except that it's a good way to be found and reached. And yes, I still get envious sometimes, especially now that more and more of my Facebook friends are getting new surnames attached to their dalaga names. Is this a sign that I'm getting old na?

To keep me from getting green, I remind myself that people on Facebook, including me and you, usually post about the best aspects of their lives. Which is not bad, but this means that their Facebook life only reflects, what, 50% or even 25% of their off-screen lives?

This led me to think that I could be even more blessed than these people. This means I don't have any reason at all to get envious. In fact, I scold myself sometimes and tell myself that it's an insult to the Lord if I still get jealous over what people have. I mean, it's not that I have nothing. That's too far from the truth. I'm truly blessed, and if it means I need to count what I have, then so be it.

1. Sure, I don't get to travel around, but that's because I have a bundle of joy right here, right now. I get to witness the miracle that is the growth of a child.

2. Maybe I don't have a car or the newest gadget or any Apple product, but I'm more than halfway paying for the equity of my own house. Our own house. And I'm only 23 years old.

3. I might not be a popular blogger, but I do get read by people who, I wish, consider me a friend and consider my blog a stress-reliever. I'm saying that with crossed fingers. And legs. And eyes.

4. I didn't get the chance to hold a corporate career in a high-rise building, but seriously, I don't even want that. I'm perfectly content helping students write better in the comfort of my own home. It doesn't hurt that it pays really well with bonuses and incentives and all.

5. Job and I aren't married yet, but that's the only thing missing. After all, it's not everyday that I get to meet a good-looking (actually, the best-looking, in my opinion) man who tells me he loves me a dozen times a day. It's not everyday that I get to have someone who works his ass off to give us a beautiful future. It's not everyday that I get to have someone who loves the Lord as a Christian. It's not everyday that I get to have someone who is willing to literally change his life to give me the life he promises I would have. It's not everyday that I get to experience this kind of love. #cheesy

6. Finally, sure, I'm not rich now, but I'm getting there. We're getting there. Also, God, in all my imperfection, apparently still sees the daughter He has in me and continues to bless me always - both in my needs and in my wants.

So, do I still have a reason to complain? I am surrounded by beautiful people who love me and support me. I have a blog that became more than just an outlet of my thoughts. I have a good job that allows me to stay at home. What's there to complain about?

*PS: For the curious, Job has asked for my hand (chos) way before Yuri has come into this world. Family reasons, that's why. #ktnxbye

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...