September 6, 2013

Yuri Brushes His Own Teeth! (A Review of Tiny Buds Chew Brush)

I have a confession to make: Months ago, I can't, for the life of me, get Yuri to brush his teeth without ensuing war.

I'm serious.

Yuri's not the type of baby to just lay down on bed while you do clean his face, ears, nose, etc. This includes his mouth. All our tooth-brushing sessions end up with tears and screams!

I couldn't bare that anymore, so I started looking for a baby toothbrush that he can use himself. That way, I don't need to "force" myself to touch his teeth, he can develop brushing habits, and he can - I hope - have fun doing it.

I thought that was a futile search until I discovered Tiny Buds' Chew Brush in Lazada. Honestly, I don't know how it looks like (the photo shows just the box), but it piqued my curiosity. I thought it would be like a hybrid of a baby toothbrush and a teether? That visual sounded promising, so I immediately ordered one. Of course, it came with a Tooth Gel, which I'm willing to try. (That was the first time we used baby toothpaste. We used to brush only with water).

So now, here are our daily (or should I say, nightly) assistants in dental hygiene:

Tiny Buds Tooth Gel, Tiny Fangs Tooth Gel, Tiny Buds Chew Brush


Mug of Absolute water, Tiny Buds Chew Brush, and Tiny Buds Tiny Fangs Tooth Gel Stage 1

Here's the closeup photo of the Chew Brush:

Tiny Buds Chew Brush

As you can see, the entire thing is silicon, which means baby can chew on any part of it. Now, if you look closely, you can see tiny bristles in its head. They're all very soft, but I guess they do well in cleaning baby's little milk teeth. That happens when baby chews on the bristles.

Now, for the test. I put a little (pea-sized) amount of the Tooth Gel on the Chew Brush. I gingerly handed it to Yuri, who seemed to not know what to do with it. I took it and placed it in his mouth and gently rubbed the brush on his teeth. Unlike his old tooth brush, he did not seem to react to this. Great start!

After the first day, he did not let me brush his teeth anymore. Mukhang alam na nya anong dapat gawin. Yuri grabbed the brush, placed it inside his mouth, and rubbed it on his teeth. Yay! The best thing is that he enjoys brushing his teeth na. He doesn't want the session to end!

Sorry for the ensuing barrage of photos. I enjoyed watching my son brush his teeth and got, well, a little carried away. :-)










Even if you don't have a problematic tooth-brusher like mine, I still highly recommend the Tiny Buds Chew Brush. It does not only make tooth-brushing fun and hassle-free but also promote independence in our little learners. Or so I hope! :-P

As for the toothpaste, Tiny Fangs, it is okay, too. It's quite sweet and tastes like strawberry, which is my chosen flavor. Actually, the flavor is Strawberry Banana, so there must also be a hint of banana somewhere. How should I know? I don't use it hehe. What I like about it is that it's free of most chemicals. However, it's still the Chew Brush that I'm raving about! :-)

_________________________________________________________________
Do you like this post? Never miss out again when you click on the cute bunny below:

rss_bunny

Or by entering your email here:
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can also follow me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest for daily updates on my mundane musings.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...